Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Long delay during boot (USB related?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
To try and resolve my issues with having no audio (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-or-bluetooth-after-monterey-upgrade.316571/) I decided to create an entirely fresh OC 0.7.4 EFI /
Code:
config.plist
by working through the OpenCore docs. This resolved my issue with audio, not Bluetooth but I understand that's a large-scale work-in-progress for Monterey.

My machine now boots into Monterey fine - but. After initially flying through the boot process it has a very long pause of what feels like several minutes before completing the boot. On-screen the output indicates it might be related to USB (photo attached).

I was initially using
Code:
USBInjectAll
as the docs stated that ASRock motherboards needed it. However I remembered I'd previously mapped / created a
Code:
USBMap.kext
for my system's ports, so I swapped out
Code:
USBInjectAll
for
Code:
USBMap.kext
instead in the hope that might remove the long delay - sadly it didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the long delay please? Oddly enough it's the same at Restart too - attempting a restart closes any open apps in the usual way and then sits there for 60s plus before actually rebooting.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1635415949467.jpg
    1635415949467.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
To try and resolve my issues with having no audio (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-or-bluetooth-after-monterey-upgrade.316571/) I decided to create an entirely fresh OC 0.7.4 EFI /
Code:
config.plist
by working through the OpenCore docs. This resolved my issue with audio, not Bluetooth but I understand that's a large-scale work-in-progress for Monterey.

My machine now boots into Monterey fine - but. After initially flying through the boot process it has a very long pause of what feels like several minutes before completing the boot. On-screen the output indicates it might be related to USB (photo attached).

I was initially using
Code:
USBInjectAll
as the docs stated that ASRock motherboards needed it. However I remembered I'd previously mapped / created a
Code:
USBMap.kext
for my system's ports, so I swapped out
Code:
USBInjectAll
for
Code:
USBMap.kext
instead in the hope that might remove the long delay - sadly it didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the long delay please? Oddly enough it's the same at Restart too - attempting a restart closes any open apps in the usual way and then sits there for 60s plus before actually rebooting.

Thanks
what kexts are you using?

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the long delay please?
Many users are reporting longer boot times in Monterey which appear to be related to the make/model of SSD.

UPDATE: Courtesy of a Redditor who had a similar issue - I removed my kexts relating to enabling Bluetooth for Intel cards & I now boot at the usual speed. Fingers crossed for Intel Bluetooth support in Monterey at some point.

Many users are reporting longer boot times in Monterey which appear to be related to the make/model of SSD.
Would I be correct in suggesting the majority of problem devices are NVMe?

Would I be correct in suggesting the majority of problem devices are NVMe?
Try the forum Search tool to see what other users are reporting.

Inconclusive. Just thought you might have had some insight.

Inconclusive. Just thought you might have had some insight.
I only see what is reported here.
If it is inconclusive for you then it is the same for me although I have seen the word Evo a lot.
Not a problem that I am afflicted with so have not paid a great deal of attention to it.

If it is inconclusive for you then it is the same for me although I have seen the word Evo a lot.
Not a problem that I am afflicted with so have not paid a great deal of attention to it.
Fair appraisal.

This is an interesting development re NVMe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back