GeForce GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

I've successfully upgraded 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 having to deal just with the AppleHDA problem.

i7 920 @ 3.62GHz
Asus Rampage 2 extreme
12Gb RAM
NVidia Gtx285

Everything works or seems to work just fine so far.

What I noticed though is a very long (1min 10s) delay between Apple boot screen and activation of USB then boot. It looks like it takes that time to figure out the USB configuration before then booting very fast.

That was not occurring before (10.7.3).

Any clue?

Until upgrade I had very few fixes when checking permissions. It seems more errors are detected.

jmc

I know sandy birdges were having issues in 10.7.4 but I haven't heard anything about older processors having that issue, have you tried using a different smbios.plist? I know if i switch mine to a mac mini in 10.7.3 it takes forever to boot, but if I swithc it back to na IMac it works like a champ. be careful changing out smbios though, it can cause kp. just be ready with rboot and install chameleon wizard to do the changes. that may resolve your issue.

Thanks, I'll try this when I feel confident enough... Apart from the slow boot, everything works just fine...

There is another weird thing though. Before 10.7.4, every once a while I was repairing permissions, and I had only few or none that were wrong... Now I have loads every couple of days.... Like on my MacBook.... I still cannot understand how it could occur.... I don't switch off abruptly my MacBook nor my Hackintosh...

jmc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back