CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, hoping for a little help here.
As you can see from my specs in my signature, I have an older hackintosh but luckily it works like a dream with Lion and Mountain Lion. The only thing that ML has broken is my Logitech USB Headset.

Strangely, the volume control works on it but I cannot get the headset to appear in the sound preferences for input or output. According to the Logitech website, there are no drivers.

I have tried installing all of the sound drivers from Multibeast with no change in result.

Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, a solution to it?

Thanks in advance

Hi, If you upgrade to 10.8.1 it should work ok, as Apple updated the AppleUSBAudio.kext in 10.8.1.

I had a similar problem originally in 10.8 when my usb sound card and headset were seen in the audio profile but were not in the sound options. I found a the 10.7.4 version of this kext and it was all back to normal. After updating today I copied the new kext file from a real mac and it all works fine now.

Info regarding the 10.8 original AppleUSBAudio.kext

The AppleUSBAudio.kext is missing an OSBundleCompatibleVersion key in its Info.plist file. This prevents kernel extensions that make use of the AppleUSBAudioPlugin API (as demonstrated in Apple's SampleUSBAudioPlugin sample code) from loading because they cannot then link against AppleUSBAudio.
AppleUSBAudio.kext lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion key / 10.7.4 (11E53) and Later.

Good luck....

Thanks TonyD, I havent had a chance to update and check it yet but I'll do it tonight. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back