Contribute
Register

Logitech MX 5500 Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard Remapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65
CPU
Water cooled Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does anyone know if there's a way to do this? I've already done the trial and error and woefully established that the LCC doesn't work with the cordless desktop (windows only)- not that the functions don't work- basic functionality does; you have mouse scroll and keyboard, but I needed to install and buy SteerMouse to get side scroll/ forward and back on my mouse. Now, I'd like the ability to use some of my keyboard shortcuts, like "mute". :eek: Asking a lot, I know.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Functions that I have that would be nice to map:
Volume up/down/mute (System wide)
Play Pause/Previous Track/Next Track (iTunes)
Flip 3d (Desktop Switcher)
Zoom + - (Fullscreen in/out)
Media Center (Start iTunes)
Photo Gallery (Start iPhoto)
Gadgets (Start LaunchPad or AppStore)
Sleep (Launch Bootcamp Drive)
LOGITECH-CORDLESS-DES-R95751-1.jpg
Any help anyone can offer is of course, greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• LOGITECH-CORDLESS-DES-R95751-1.jpg
    LOGITECH-CORDLESS-DES-R95751-1.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 6,706
A workaround that worked for me in Snow Leopard was to buy a magic mouse and magic trackpad and map the keys and gestures that way. I returned those two products but the functions still worked afterwards with my logitech wireless setup.

jorpe said:
A workaround that worked for me in Snow Leopard was to buy a magic mouse and magic trackpad and map the keys and gestures that way. I returned those two products but the functions still worked afterwards with my logitech wireless setup.
Well, it appears as though some of the functions do work natively afterall- mute, volume up and down, play/skip/previous.

It's just the "special" keys that have no mapping- and I tried to map them with Keyboard Maestro, Ukulele, Double Command. None work- it seems as though the keyboard isn't actually sending any sort of signal the mac can recognise without the LCC software. But hey, mute is better than no mute! :)

How'd I find out? The wife was asking what I was trying to fix and I attempted to show her by mashing the button several times... and it muted. :) Now it works with a single light press. :)

Thanks for the attempt jorpe!
If anyone can figure out how to map the "special" keys....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back