Zotac Geforce Titan GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this C920 webcam that worked perfectly on 10.8.2 ( I don't use it often so I don't know when it stopped functioning)
It works fine under Windows 7 so it is not hardware related.

But now on 10.8.3, faceTime won't start, PhotoBooth only shows me the spinning circle thingy. But the The webcam's led turns on.

I tried creating a new USER, to see if it was some of my settings that created that problem. Still the same...

Anyone has any idea ?

thank you.

Did you find a solution for this ?
I have the same problem, my C920 works fine under windows7, but on 10.8.3 it used to work in every app, facetime, Skype, Photo Booth, now I just see the the blue led turn on and no image ?

Have you found a solution ?

Thanks

Hi,
It is connected to usb 2.0 port on My z77x- UD5H. It used to work on 10.8.2 and it possibly worked on 10.8.3 at some point (I really don't use it often)
I see it as a microphone source in the sound prefs but it doesn't work anymore. I also see it in System information. so it is detected but something prevents it from working.
When I launch FaceTime, I see the facetime menus but no video window opens. In photoboot I see the video window, but it is stuck at the spinning wheel thingy.
The blue led turn on when open both apps.
i haven't got a clue why it stopped working. I tried creating a new user, plugging it on a different usb port. Nothing.

It works fine under windows 7.

Thanks for any help.
BTW, anymore podcast coming soon ?

I've found you have to unplug the C920 every now and then. Whenever my camera stops working (which doesn't happen often) I unplug it while in OSX (but not in the app that needs it) wait a few seconds and plug it back in, and everything works again.

Well, it's definitely software related.
For fun, I did a fresh install of 10.8.3 last night and what do you know, webcam works fine, so it is something else I have installed on this current config that keeps the camera from working properly.
Now, I don't want to have to start fresh because I have too many things installed and configured the way I like it, so I'm back to my previous time machine back up of the system where the camera doesn't work. ;(

What the hell kinda program could be messing the camera like that ?
I mean it is connected and recognized by the system, but the mic and the lens don't turn on. The Led turns on.

Oh well, I'd rather use my current installation than having to reconfigure everything from scratch.

So no webcam for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back