Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W
Graphics
Dual MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Everything seems to be working great on my build except...

Every time I reboot the items on my "Login Items" (Preferences > User & Groups > Login Items) disappears!

Meaning, Google Drive doesn't ever start on startup unless I start it manually. When I go back into preferences it is gone. I can click the + button and add it back in, but next reboot it'll be gone again, and not start up!

Not sure if this is specifically a hackintosh issue, but I haven't seen it on my other (real) macs.

Thoughts?

Meaning, Google Drive doesn't ever start on startup unless I start it manually. When I go back into preferences it is gone. I can click the + button and add it back in, but next reboot it'll be gone again, and not start up!

Did you select the "Start Google Drive on system startup" in the Google Drive app (Google Drive -> Preferences -> Advanced).

Google drive was off, but Box Sync has no such setting and also disappears (as do other apps). I'll check to see if Drive disappears anyway after re-activating it (I thought it was on before)

Still no solution for this. Even with Google Drive being flagged for auto-startup it doesn't stay on. But it isn't just that. ANY item in that list disappears.

It is behaving as though it has some memory or cache that stores login items you add to the list, and then on reboot it is supposed to write them somewhere and doesn't have permission and fails silently, bc they are all gone when I restart! They stay in the list if I leave the specific preference setting, but a reboot wipes them

Maybe this?
Code:
$ sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginitems.plist

I realize this is about a year after the question, but I'm having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas about this?
I'm seeing the same issue with my Mojave build. What's interesting is that if you log out and in, any login items you've added will appear, as expected. But after a proper reboot, they appear to get blitzed by something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back