Contribute
Register

Logic Studio/Music production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend PreSonus, M-Audio or MOTU FW devices. I've used PreSonus interfaces with GarageBand for my own enjoyment over the years w/o problems. I haven't noticed a problem with my MB's FW input. I must admit that I don't use Logic as my recording is for my own pleasure.

I do have a FW800/400 PCI-e card that works well, too, and it's cheap. (See my Full Description link in my signature block.)

BTW, if you have $600, everything I've read on the MOTU Ultralite MKIII is that this device is outstanding.

While this thread is Logic subject, I'd like to point out the Bullet & Bones web site for recording tips. Lots of good stuff there. Their insights on recording eqt. have been helpful to me when I was starting out, and their tutorials on GB are good.

Finally, per FAQ #3, please fill out your signature blocks with your system. You help the forum members help you better. TIA.

No problem! :headbang: :)

cpukid said:
CPUKIDS Bro:

Nah, what he is saying is that he uses an audio interface which takes the place of the soundcard when it is plugged in. That Roland I'm assuming has patches and guitar amp models stored into it which interfaces with Logic. The problem: latency. I have heard that the Apogee Duet or Saffire Focusrite are the way to go with Mac, but I have also heard that this PreSonus is a quality interface as well...

In summary, you will only need 1 PCI slot to support fire Wire connectivity for 400 and 800 style interfaces.

Hello there, my vote goes for RME and Apogee as far as aduio interfaces go.

Also I don't know exactly the mobo you are going to use but a X58 would/should have at least one (likely 2) FW ports, so you really don't need an additional FW card for the kind of set up you are planning

hope this helps!

I'm using an RME Fireface 800 interface for audio on my hackintosh. I highly recommend it for a number of reasons. You're best bet is to get your audio interface from an audio store instead of a computer store. Sweetwater.com might be a good place to start to look around.

Has anyone used ableton live with their hackintosh build? I got OSX running on my PC but had severe problems with Ableton Live crashing. Has anyone built a completely working audio studio? I would love to get the component list and installation method used.

Thanks.

Hi guys ! I am building my hackintosh soon for audio production. I've been using macbook pro for 3 years and works perfect!! a few friends have hackintosh and they are very happy. I wanted to ask you , is it stable? can you record and ediit/mix for hours with no problem?

I am buying a Hard Drive with plugins Eastwest complete composer collection ( mac HD ) and I would like to know if VST work smoothly in hackintosh.

I will follow the guidance about buying parts obviously before buy anything.

I use motu 828 MKII and no problems in PC or mac.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back