Graphics
AMD HD 6670 Sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I'm testing a few months ago my system for home studio with Mavericks 10.9.1 + Focusrite Saffire Liquid 56 (focusrite kext 3.4) + Logic Pro X 10.0.6 and everything works great!!!

Thanks for that man, good to know, this is my configuration I have in mind for my first build, I'll get the processor on Monday and is would be the last part, the only thing I have to see is the FW card, I have a via that get used cheap to try out but in a couple of month I'll get a startech.

Thanks again.

JS

Thanks for that man, good to know, this is my configuration I have in mind for my first build, I'll get the processor on Monday and is would be the last part, the only thing I have to see is the FW card, I have a via that get used cheap to try out but in a couple of month I'll get a startech.

Thanks again.

JS

HI, I think you would not have problems with ''Via'' cheap ..... even if Focusrite recommends T.instruments cheap, and only a few''Via'', on my machine I've tried both and i have not found differences !!

(my cheap is Via 6315N)....work great!!

I eventually chose the motherboard firewire port and I have eliminated the pci'' La Cie'' with TI cheap!!

Mine is VT6306, the problem is that I don't have much time to order it because a friend is traveling and in the case i like more the VIA as much add the other I can sell the startech and get the money back, even a little more because here is impossible to get... I don't know about the PCI to PCIe bridge with the VIA or inside the TI, the startech doesn't have it plus is fw 800 also. I know focusrite doesn't recommend those i think this may still works because the chip is the one chosen by Apple in its last FW macbook pro. Plus having the FW 800 for a future External HD Doesn't hurt either. I'll tell about both experiences then.

Thanks again.

JS

All working like a charm! I see no need for the startech because I have less latency here with ther PCI with the VT6306 than on my 2007 macbook with the focusrite, still in the macbook (I didn't test it with the new one) I have much more latency with the focusrite than with the m-audio, wired! 16,8ms against 12,5ms with 256 samples buffer for I/O total at 44KHz

JS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back