Contribute
Register

[LOG] GA-H67N-USB3-B3 / i5-2405s / HD3000 / Clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
memmerson said:
Hi all, could someone with a working Lion (using this method) upload the contents of their org.chameleon.Boot.plist, it would be much appreciated.

Thx

Ignore that last one, I got it working. Had a few troubles along the way. Was originally using an SL image from another hackintosh, which I upgraded to Lion on this H67N build, would only boot with pmVersion=0 -x (I assume it was a pm kext from the previous SL install that caused this problem but I am pretty new to all this and am not quite there with troubleshooting it all yet).

Anyway, after that failure I installed a "clean" Lion via my mbp to a USB attached disk as per these instructions. Initially I was getting as far as seeing the audio drivers (fail to load), no GUI. I then noticed that someone had referred to 2 HDMI ports, which I didn't realise this mobo had (doh!!!), so after switching the cable to the other port (below the dsub) and rebooting I now get the GUI. Still on MacPro3,1 plist will try out MacMini5,1 next.

OK, my install is working pretty good. To summarise (and mostly replicate NielsR steps) I did the following:

On my MBP:
- Attach HD to MBP using USB dock
- Install Lion to it using Lion Installer from App Store
- Boot to USB attached disk and install MultiBeast (using NielsR instructions in the 1st post of this thread) followed by Chimera (I used the latest 1.5.1)

On H76N-USB:
- Set BIOS Settings: Default optimised + AHCI + 64bit HPET + 480MB Onboard GFX
- Attach monitor to the HDMI socket beneath the DSUB (VGA) socket
- Connect the newly installed Lion hard disk and boot it, no additional boot parameters are required
- When booted download the macmini5.1 plist and copy to /Extras and reboot

So far it seems solid, I have not had any trouble whasoever, including with video playback (tested some mkv's and m2ts files with mplayerx) and power mgmt (tested sleep, reboot and shutdown).

So far so good!

Thanks NielsR for showing me the easy way!

memmerson said:
OK, my install is working pretty good...
I'm glad it is all working out for you! Enjoy your hackintosh!

Two quick questions:
- Does your audio work?
- What monitor do you use? Do you have problems with font smoothing?

Niels R.

NielsR said:
Two quick questions:
- Does your audio work?
- What monitor do you use? Do you have problems with font smoothing?

Niels R.

My monitor is a Dell 2407 24" LCD monitor, font smoothing is working fine. As for audio I actually use a USB DAC which seems to work perfectly, even the control knob on it. I have not attempted to get HDMI or the on-board audio working, I actually don't even know what the audio driver would be! If you know what it is I could give it a go...

Cheers!

@NielsR....
First I'd like to thank you for the guide you started :beachball: It was a blessing after trying to go through 10.6.0 clean install then to 10.6.8 then to 10.7 with no luck.

With your method and a few Bios tweaks and the right audio and other kexts we where able to get a clean perfect running full HD3000 with NO HD6000 GPU, Sleep working, Asus BT211 Bluetooth dongle, double HDMI, Audio, Network all running perfect.

The Mobo we both used has Audio Realtek ALC889 8-Channel audio codec.
To enable audio all you have to do is run MB and just select audio kexts AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxHDA. Reboot and BAM!!! perfect working audio. :thumbup:

I know it worked because when I updated to 10.7.1 downloaded through the Apple website NOT AutoUpdate, I had to reinstall the kexts I mentioned above because the update replaced it.

Hope this helps. Next is HDMI audio, but don't have the time at the moment. :headbang:

Mad Audi Scientist's method for installing audio works for me (cheers Mad!), so no more USB audio!!

While on the subject of USB audio it is probably worth mentioning that when I attached it to the USB3 port, OSX would panic when I attempted to adjust the volume, so clearly the USB3 driver support is not 100% yet...

I also have another problem where my cmos is wiped or corrupted when OSX uses standby... It is not a big problem as the Gigabyte BIOS will automatically use last-known-good, but all the same, another issue for me at least... Will try to find out more when I get the time. Is anyone else getting this?

cheperun said:
Hi,

How do you install this patch? Because i have a Ga-h67N-usb3 with OSX Lion and i use kext helper and it doesn't working.

Thank you

Did you rename it? It should be just: AppleRTC.kext

Do you guys have a working VGA-connection with HD3000? If yes, how?

memmerson said:
cheperun said:
Hi,

How do you install this patch? Because i have a Ga-h67N-usb3 with OSX Lion and i use kext helper and it doesn't working.

Thank you

Did you rename it? It should be just: AppleRTC.kext

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Then first i rename the patch file and after i use kext helper or kext utility and i copy this file in extras? Thank you for your help i'm a beginner.

I've been on holiday, but I'm back. When I get through the pile of work that aggregated while I was away I'll get back to my hackintosh.

Keep you posted!

Cheers,
Niels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back