Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024MB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes, I know, my system's a bit dated, but I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on.

I built the system years ago (originally had Snow Leopard and I later upgraded to Lion) and everything's been running swimmingly.

I've made no hardware and few, if any software changes.

After I boot into OS X, after a few minutes (seems to vary between around 2 to 5 minutes, sometimes a bit longer) the system will just give me the spinning pinwheel. It doesn't matter if I've got an app open or if it's just at the desktop and idle. I can move the pinwheel around the screen with the cursor, but not click on anything. Everything works for the first five minutes or so after I boot the computer. All I can do is a power-off. This problem is repeatable.

I've done everything I can think of to isolate whether the problem is s/w or hardware.

Have any of you had a similar problem and/or can suggest troubleshooting for me?

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
GeForce GTS 250 1024MB
Intel Core i7 3.33GHz
16GB Corsair 1066MHz DDR3
OSX Lion

Yes, I know, my system's a bit dated, but I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on.

I built the system years ago (originally had Snow Leopard and I later upgraded to Lion) and everything's been running swimmingly.

I've made no hardware and few, if any software changes.

After I boot into OS X, after a few minutes (seems to vary between around 2 to 5 minutes, sometimes a bit longer) the system will just give me the spinning pinwheel. It doesn't matter if I've got an app open or if it's just at the desktop and idle. I can move the pinwheel around the screen with the cursor, but not click on anything. Everything works for the first five minutes or so after I boot the computer. All I can do is a power-off. This problem is repeatable.

I've done everything I can think of to isolate whether the problem is s/w or hardware.

Have any of you had a similar problem and/or can suggest troubleshooting for me?

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
GeForce GTS 250 1024MB
Intel Core i7 3.33GHz
16GB Corsair 1066MHz DDR3
OSX Lion

Have you looked at your console logs to see what is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back