Contribute
Register

Locked ProBook with Clover (locked with 4 digit code, asks for 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97M-D3H (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Hi, I installed Mavericks with Clover on my 4330s and had it working for a few days. I also had Find My Mac set up and working properly.

So I decided to test the lock feature from my phone. It found the mac, and asked me for a 4 digit code to lock it. I entered 0000 so I don't forget it just for the test purposes.

A spininnig wheel appeared on the bottom side of my screen and the notebook shut down. Now when I boot it up and choose Start Max OS from my MacintoshHD partition, it instantly reboots. Single User, Verbose or any other boot option results in the same thing.

Picking up Boot from RecoveryHD hangs after probing my BT and Wi-fi. I can see that if I boot in verbose mode.

When I put in my install USB and pick Boot with caches disabled and kexts injected, I get to the setup screen, but it asks for a 6 digit unlock code :O

I read a ton of threads on Apple support site, but none seem to address or fix that problem. Most people are saying that this is a firmware password, but I have never set one.

I repeated the process from my phone and from the icloud website, just confirm and everytime I press lock on the Mac it asks only for 4 digits password. (I didn't enter it more than once, just went to the screen where it asks for it)

I tried to remove one stick of my RAM and reset the EC, but result is the same.

Use a Linux usb to delete nvram.plist in your OS X partition.

where exactly is it located? i can just hook up the ssd onto my other mac and delete that file.

but what exactly is the problem with that passcode? will i get same result if i do it again? i was under the impression that this feature can be used on a hackintosh if i have recoveryHD partition.

where exactly is it located? i can just hook up the ssd onto my other mac and delete that file.

but what exactly is the problem with that passcode? will i get same result if i do it again? i was under the impression that this feature can be used on a hackintosh if i have recoveryHD partition.

It's hidden in the root of your OS X partition. It can work on real Mac, and it can be enabled on Clover system + Recovery HD, but it may not work properly. Because our system doesn't have PRAM, reset NVRAM maybe a solution.

Yup, removing that file fixed my boot and everything is back to normal. I actually just renamed the file.

Should I bother recreating it somehow or now? Shall I also disable Find My Mac completely?

Yup, removing that file fixed my boot and everything is back to normal. I actually just renamed the file.

Should I bother recreating it somehow or now? Shall I also disable Find My Mac completely?

You can delete that file, it will be re-created after shutdown. You can disable Find My Mac if you want (unless you can use it to scare thieves:D)

I solved it - feel free to refer to my post, its a bit tricky but you can fix it: #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back