Contribute
Register

Locked my hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YiHang

Locked my hackintosh [Solved]

So... I have a bit of an interesting problem. I locked myself out of my hackintosh using iCloud Find My Mac. I was wondering whether i actually worked and locked myself out. The pin I had set to unlock my device is 0000, however when powering my computer on it asks me for a 6-digit pin. After some googling I discovered that the lock status is being stored in the nvram. I'm using clover. Problem is I can't physically clear my nvram. The CMOS battery is soldered onto the motherboard. Tried reinstalling El Capitan using a thumb drive with clover on it aswell, but before i could do anything it asks me for a 6-digit pin again. Can't access the terminal using the thumb drive either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

So... I have a bit of an interesting problem. I locked myself out of my hackintosh using iCloud Find My Mac. I was wondering whether i actually worked and locked myself out. The pin I had set to unlock my device is 0000, however when powering my computer on it asks me for a 6-digit pin. After some googling I discovered that the lock status is being stored in the nvram. I'm using clover. Problem is I can't physically clear my nvram. The CMOS battery is soldered onto the motherboard. Tried reinstalling El Capitan using a thumb drive with clover on it aswell, but before i could do anything it asks me for a 6-digit pin again. Can't access the terminal using the thumb drive either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

You will need to find a way to clear NVRAM. Or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from now on.

There is a clear warning about not using this feature in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Thank you for your quick reply. I never actually read that guide, but it was just a dumb idea to begin to lock my hack.
Just solved it by reflashing my BIOS for anyone wondering, apparently that clears the nvram aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back