Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

Hey gays what about ATI 6570 adapter (0x68C0) ?????? :( :? :? :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

eMatoS said:
Snow Leopard supports up to OpenGL 2.1, that's why Extension Viewer show you that your graphics is capable but the OS won't allow those tests.

I hadn't taken note before I swapped out from the 9800GT so it's as much a reminder for me to post it here as it is just anecdotal evidence. Curious to see if 3.2 or better will indeed be shipping with the next big cat.

Well guessed! The next big cat currently supports OpenGL 3.2.

Just to give yet more feedback:

My hardware is XFX 5770 1GB on a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FD motherboard, i7-950.

I attempted the manual process, which bombed. Luckily I was able to restore from Time Machine after other efforts failed me.

Then today I saw the Multibeast update, so I thought, "Why not? I probably did something wrong before to screw it up anyway...at least this way is idiot proof."

well it bombed again. While running multibeast, my screen blacked out. Upon reboot I get the same symptoms as I did when I did it manually. It looks a little something like this the image attached:

photo-1.JPG

Trying to boot the system from the iboot disk and selecting my "Macintosh HD" partition results in a gray apple screen with an infinitely spinning circle. Attempting to boot from the iboot disk and selecting "iboot" results in a kernel panic.

Any suggestions for a quick recovery?

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 271

Damn... I just bought an XFX 5770. Is this going to effect me in the long run?

all of you people have this problem are you sure your ATIRadeonX3000.kext loaded fully

i think up to 10.6.7 normal update os x cant handle this kext from 2011 MBP try to use

ATIRadeonX3000.kext from normal 10.6.7

Code:
The following graphics cards appear to be natively supported:
ATI Radeon HD 5630 Device ID 0x68D8
ATI Radeon HD 5630 Device ID 0x68D9
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8
ATI Radeon HD 5730 Device ID 0x68D8
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Device ID 0x68B8
ATI Radeon HD 5850 Device ID 0x6899
ATI Radeon HD 5870 Device ID 0x6898

AMD Radeon HD 6850 Device ID 0x6739
AMD Radeon HD 6870 Device ID 0x6738
AMD Radeon HD 6970 Device ID 0x6718

Who has 5730 with Device ID 0x68D8

i Have mobility 5730 with Device ID 0x68C0

maybe the info is incorrect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to notice, that just test my Sapphire HD4670 512DDR3 with the new drivers from Multibeast 3.4.
The result .. It run natively, so that drivers are not just for 5/6 series.. I delete GraphicsEnabler and AtiConfig from com.apple.boot.plist and LogIn to MacSL without any problems ..
But seems to have something wrong .. Why:
1st I can`t run GeekBench
2nd I can`t run MacOS DVD Player
In addition .. Cinebench11.5 result is 1fps more .. ;) Xbench is the same as before.. The boot seems to be faster..
So any suggestions about Geekbench and DVD Player .. o_O

I spent a long time last night and still wasn't able to crack it. I've created a test install with 10.6.6 with Kabyl Graphics=Yes and have been cloning this to other partitions to make multiple upgrade scenarios.

I think that the DVD Player issue seems to be specific to the 10.6.7 MBP ATI kexts as I installed them on a 10.6.6 clone - without any other 10.6.7 updates and I got the same issues with the DVD Player.

I've done some work around applying the full MacBook Pro 10.6.7 update and not had any luck with that so far but I'm trying to tweak it further to see if I can get this working. I've also been looking at the differences between the 10.6.7 MBP update and the "normal" 10.6.7 update to see if there are extra kexts or updated kexts that we aren't capturing by installing just the ATI kexts.

So there is work going on and if anyone wants to help out then grab a spare blank HD, get partitioning, download SuperDuper! as a free app to fully clone HDs, your retail DVD, MB 3.4.0, the 10.6.6 combo update and then the relevant 10.6.7 updates.

Meanwhile I'll keep tracking it down. My advice at the moment is to make sure that you have a BACKUP of your system if you are worried about applying these updates.

I'll keep you all updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back