Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

Well, my adapter arived so all was now working. However, when I wanted to launch Dragon age (1 or 2) both failed. DAO2 gave me an error about it's install being corrupt and would need a re-install DAO1 would just freeze. In the end I reverted back to the original method and all is working again.

svar said:
Hi :)
I tried on my system, running XFX 5770.
It works, but no display on the screen running over DP (not mini, regular DP to DP)
I really need all 3 monitors, so I hope I can get the drivers back now :)

Edit:
I got it back working :D
At least I got updated chameleon from r700 to r748

If you got it back working, would you mind explaining how?

Stork said:
jpa said:
That list of ATI/AMD cards are now supported in OSX:

AMD Radeon HD 6850 Device ID 0x6739
AMD Radeon HD 6870 Device ID 0x6738
AMD Radeon HD 6970 Device ID 0x6718
HIS HD 6870 Turbo Device ID 0x6738
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
How/where did you find the card's DID?

google is your friend :p search model graphic and specs :p

moshymoshy said:
svar said:
It works, but no display on the screen running over DP (not mini, regular DP to DP)

Edit:

What I meant there was that I got it back to work with the old kexts and GE=Yes :)

svar said:
moshymoshy said:
svar said:

Edit:

What I meant there was that I got it back to work with the old kexts and GE=Yes :)

Same here guys. xfx 5770. Wasted all day with this. Reverted back kexts and graphicsenabler=yes.

anibalin said:
Same here guys. xfx 5770. Wasted all day with this. Reverted back kexts and graphicsenabler=yes.

Yeah. Anyone who games at all should not be installing these kexts, as it will just be a headache.

So today I spent doing a clean install from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7. I used Multibeast 3.4 to install the drivers and have native resolutions along with QE/CI on a Sapphire Radeon 6850.

I'm also experiencing the DVD Player/Geekbench crashes, so I tried swapping out the OpenGL Framework with that from the MBP update, but it kept the system from booting.

GLView tests successfully up to OpenGL 2.1 with the new drivers, but everything after that fails for what it's worth.

Edit: On a whim I downloaded Steam and played Torchlight. Works just fine.

bradsco said:
So today I spent doing a clean install from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7. I used Multibeast 3.4 to install the drivers and have native resolutions along with QE/CI on a Sapphire Radeon 6850.

I'm also experiencing the DVD Player/Geekbench crashes, so I tried swapping out the OpenGL Framework with that from the MBP update, but it kept the system from booting.

GLView tests successfully up to OpenGL 2.1 with the new drivers, but everything after that fails for what it's worth.

I've created a few test versions of OSX to try and work out what the best solution is.

Just tested 10.6.6 with Kabyl Boot - GraphicsEnabler=Yes and that only passed up to OpenGL2.1 so I think that's the same ...

More testing on it's way - just building the different installs.

I`ve got HD4670.. Is there any way this kexts to work with HD4670.. or I just don`t have to try ... I really want to find a method to run my VGA natively.. :think:

notshy said:
bradsco said:

I've created a few test versions of OSX to try and work out what the best solution is.

Just tested 10.6.6 with Kabyl Boot - GraphicsEnabler=Yes and that only passed up to OpenGL2.1 so I think that's the same ...

More testing on it's way - just building the different installs.

Snow Leopard supports up to OpenGL 2.1, that's why Extension Viewer show you that your graphics is capable but the OS won't allow those tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back