Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

Consigliere said:
Ok here we go.

Installed SL with iBoot 3.0.3 (1.4Chimera) MB3.6 Added the 1.4 Bootloader. (doesn't really work yet so i boot with iBootCD.

I booted -v GE=No (otherwise system hangs while booting)
Code:
Mac-Pro:~ Anders$ ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$

This must mean that my card is unsupported, right?

ASUS 6870 (in my profile) But it gets recognized like this:

ATI Radeon HD NI40:
Styrkretsmodell: ATI Radeon HD NI40

Any suggestions?

You need GraphicsEnabler=Yes. What does your system hang on ? Did you install with EasyBeast ?

notshy said:
Consigliere said:
Ok here we go.

Installed SL with iBoot 3.0.3 (1.4Chimera) MB3.6 Added the 1.4 Bootloader. (doesn't really work yet so i boot with iBootCD.

I booted -v GE=No (otherwise system hangs while booting)
Code:
Mac-Pro:~ Anders$ ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$

This must mean that my card is unsupported, right?

ASUS 6870 (in my profile) But it gets recognized like this:

ATI Radeon HD NI40:
Styrkretsmodell: ATI Radeon HD NI40

Any suggestions?

You need GraphicsEnabler=Yes. What does your system hang on ? Did you install with EasyBeast ?

I have the same prob. if I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, screen goes to black.

notshy,
new info in netkas

http://netkas.org/?p=798

in 5 min upload kexts 10.6.8

I tried netkas's injector, and seemingly had a result identical with what we have been doing here (with the info in first post).

Though I have another problem if anybody wants to help. How do you get it to output to multiple outputs? I have two DVI monitors, and only one will work when it loads the duckweed framebuffer. If I don't have GE=Yes then it will load fine (with obvious drawback of no geekbench, dvd, etc.)

My IOreg output is:
Code:
frankenmac:~ philz$ ioreg | grep "ATY"
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000375, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000376, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000377, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000378, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000383, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000384, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000385, registere$
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Duckweed@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000386, registere$
frankenmac:~ philz$

Which isn't exactly right or wrong by the first post (it's like a creepy hybrid :p).

My instalation goes like:
Andy bootcd -> Install OSX -> Andy bootcd -> Install Combo Update -> Andy Bootcd -> Install his installer -> Andy Bootcd -> Multibeast (ALC889, IOAHCHI, ATI 1.6.34.13, FakeSMC, NullCPU, USB 3.0, Chimera) -> Chimera 1.4 update -> com.apple.Boot.plist tweak -> Near-Perfect system!

The boot.plist I use:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <string>mach_kernel</string>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>arch=x86_64</string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Timeout</key>
   <string>5</string>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The Build:
  • Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz[/*:m:15h2etqj]
  • ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155[/*:m:15h2etqj]
  • 2x GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB[/*:m:15h2etqj]
  • CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB)[/*:m:15h2etqj]
  • OCZ Vertex 3 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC (SSD)[/*:m:15h2etqj]

Any Idea what is up? As a temporary workaround I have each monitor plugged into each of the GPU's I have, but that wont work with 3 monitors that I need, and is only a stopgap fix... This should work!

Would I need to: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,862.0.html

I don't know where you find those numbers to even start trying that...

I seem to have the same problem as you with my 4890 vapor-x on which i'm unable to get DP to work.

A few months ago, i flashed the card with a new bios that Cindori was kind enough to modify for me. Now each time i install netkas's patch, my card is recognized and working in DVI and show up with ATY, Motmot
I have GE=Yes

Even if i try to boot with a new AtiConfig setting, i'm always stuck with ATY, Motmot.
if i boot DP, screen goes black.

Should I flash the card back to its original bios ?
Would this enable me to try different framebuffer as this is the key to get the ports working?

thanks

notshy said:
cochon said:
Notshy, thanks for info. Do you have any different ROM to flash with this card ?

Regards

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Notshy you are god :D

My XFX ATi 5770 info: Part# HD-577A-ZNFC Model# HD-577A-ZN

Today I flased my video card with XFX older bios Rom from techpowerup.com. Now it works with ATI driver 1.6.34.13. But only work with two DVI port.

Without ATI driver 1.6.34.13 update. I have 3 monitor working 2 DVI + 1 DP

Thanks

Hi all. I have my 10.6.7 working fine only with the DVI connector. The other display outputs doesn't works.

I used the "previous" Notshy method from some weeks ago; using Multibeast 3.4.0 and the Vervet DSDT edit & GraphicsEnabler=No. So I have not tested the new Chimera thing...

My problem:
I tryed to connect another monitor to the 5770 HDMI port (+adapter) without success. Both screens are cloned and i can't adjust nothing on preferences. The system only founds one of the monitors. (I don't have checked the DP port because I dont have an adapter, and i dont know if should work..)

My question: Must I install Chimera and the new Multibeast to solve this problem?
Or must I do some more edits to DSDT to get the dual monitor working?

I found this some pages before:
"HMDI - you need to use Uakari framebuffer but that will give you HDMI only. If you want DVI and HDMI then you will need to do some advanced hex editing:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=249642"
It's this my solution?

Thanks for all this hard work!!

(sorry for my bad spanglitchs :) )

cochon said:
Today I flased my video card with XFX older bios Rom from techpowerup.com. Now it works with ATI driver 1.6.34.13. But only work with two DVI port.

Thanks
i do not really understand :crazy:

today you flashed the card with the original bios ? what bios did your card have before ?

what did you install to get your DP port to work ?

cybercap said:
cochon said:

Thanks

today you flashed the card with the original bios ? what bios did your card have before ?

Hi cybercap

I have to boot to Window 7 and run GPU-Z to see my Rom Bios version. Database of techpowerup.com has Older Rom Bios, so I used their Rom Bios.

If I don't update ATI driver from Multibeast 3.6. DP port works fine.
With new update ATI driver only DVI-port working.

Hope this clear. Sorry for my bad English writing skill.

cochon said:
cybercap said:
cochon said:

Thanks

Hi cybercap

I have to boot to Window 7 and run GPU-Z to see my Rom Bios version. Database of techpowerup.com has Older Rom Bios, so I used their Rom Bios.

If I don't update ATI driver from Multibeast 3.6. DP port works fine.
With new update ATI driver only DVI-port working.

Hope this clear. Sorry for my bad English writing skill.
ok. i ask because i intend to reflash my ati 4890 to its original bios.
my goal is to recover DP port which i've lost with all the recent updates (10.6.7 + netkas..)

what are your ati kexts versions ?
1.6...? (mine are 1.6.26)

do you use GE=yes and are you using SL 10.6.7 + netkas exotic patch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back