Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

Does anyone here have a ASUS Matrix 5870?

I can't find the correct "AtiConfig" behavior! I've tried Zonalis, Langur, Hoolock and Orangutan (present on ATI5000Controller.kext) to no avail, meaning no Geekbench and DVD Player or no video at all.

Kabyl's solution (with GE=Yes) sets my card to Uakari, which is the one I'm using into the DSDT.aml right now, but what it does is to mirror my DisplayPort with the DVI output, and HDMI gets flickering (I've never got the HDMI working properly here, btw).

Anyone can help?

EDIT: I'm thinking that the flickering problem on my HDMI out might be with the TV. I've plugged the HDMI on my monitor and no flickering so far.

EDIT 2: But there's definitely something wrong about the Uakari config, now I can't get things full screen in my TV if connected through DVI (DVD Player, Plex).

whats the advantage of using these kexts? i have a xfx hd 5770 and it works fine with just the chameleon experimental ati bootloader. do i need to install these kexts or other drivers?

Just got my Sapphire 6870s in the mail Using the dsdt edits and duckweed framebuffer I have a dvi monitor connected and a hdmi tv connected with a mini displayport adapter. The hdmi port and one of the dvi ports dont work but, there not a big deal cause i dont need them. Dvd Player works fine, Full Screen games work fine (except to Source engine games like Left4dead but after searching the forum i'm not the only one) Has anyone gotten audio from HDMI or Displayport on the 6870 yet?

Quick question, but do you need to set the identity to MacProX,1 to get this to work?

It seems that was the key for me getting it to work.

Upgraded from a GT240 (would randomly freeze) to a 5770 (batman) this morning, so far so good, but had to change from an iMac11,1 to MacProX,1 (I chose 4,1 in the end) before it would work EDIT: scratch that, just changed back to iMac11,1 and all is well, I seem to get much better HDD throughput with this than any of the MacPro settings...

I also noticed that using HDMI and one of the DVI's would end up with mirrored displays, and only show one display active in OSX, where as using a DVI-HDMI for the other monitor allowed both to work as expected.

Overall thanks to those who put in the hard yards, very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

tworems said:
Does anyone here have a ASUS Matrix 5870?

I can't find the correct "AtiConfig" behavior! I've tried Zonalis, Langur, Hoolock and Orangutan (present on ATI5000Controller.kext) to no avail, meaning no Geekbench and DVD Player or no video at all.

Kabyl's solution (with GE=Yes) sets my card to Uakari, which is the one I'm using into the DSDT.aml right now, but what it does is to mirror my DisplayPort with the DVI output, and HDMI gets flickering (I've never got the HDMI working properly here, btw).

Anyone can help?

EDIT: I'm thinking that the flickering problem on my HDMI out might be with the TV. I've plugged the HDMI on my monitor and no flickering so far.

EDIT 2: But there's definitely something wrong about the Uakari config, now I can't get things full screen in my TV if connected through DVI (DVD Player, Plex).

I think Uakari is the best, but it's not perfect. On my Gigabyte 5870, I'm unable to use both DVIs and the HDMI at the same time. So, even though it's a 4 connector framebuffer, I'm limited to 2 displays. Also, when I start up with both DVI connectors in use, I have to unplug one of my displays and plug it back in to see any video.

Hi guys I'm new with DSDT, I'm trying to follow the instructions but I can't, I was reading some tutorials about DSDT but I can't understand how to assemble all together

I have a ATI Radeon HD5770 (ID 0x68b8) and my mother board is a Asus P5QC

can someone help me run this video card?

I could record all and upload it (video) I was looking in google and youtube and doesn't exist much information about this process, I think this would be really helpfull.

OK guys....damn...does anyone have the 27" ACD working with any graphic cards? It doesn't work with the Batmobile when using a DP to MDP converter like injectx's database claims.

6870's, 5770's are easy to get working with DVI/HDMI but REALLY what about the ACD's?

Does the XFX 6870 really work OOB with ACD? Any issues?

ACD = Apple Cinema Display. 27" has a mini DisplayPort connection.

ChasingTail, please list all your system components, just on the outside chance that some other component is affecting your success.

Which model of the XFX 6870 are you looking at? IIRC, the card has to have a miniDP connector(s) to work with the ACD series equipted with miniDPs.

Finally, injectx's thread is where the ACD/miniDP knowledge users are posting. I'd PM injectx for more insight.

Getting the 5XXX/6XXX graphic cards working are quite easy with most monitors, even dual monitors. However some are a real challenge to get working with the 27" Apple Cinema Display.

Injectx's post on Apple Cinema Display LED tested cards has some great info and some incorrect info. Copied from Injectx post GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB - WORKS Confirmed by: thornomad (hasn't responded to PM)
Notes:
- This DP to Mini-DP Cable (despite the warnings, it works)

Well it doesn't work for me. I like others have purchased the NEW DP -> MDP cable and gave it a try. Connected my Batmobile GV-R577UD-1G with the cable to my 27" ACD, nothing....my other monitors work great connected DVI, like they have for months. I have the proper framebuffer (Vervet) and I have installed the new ATI kexts from Multibeast 3.4. The Batmobile is in my video processing box, P55-UD4, i7, 16 GB RAM, SSD boot, TB's of storage, and 10.6.7.

I would like to know if anyone can confirm the 27" Apple Cinema Display does work with the XFX HD-687A-ZDBC or the XFX HD-687A-ZDFC. These cards are reported as working and also reported as very quiet.

BTW, the ACD works beautifully with my MacBook Pro.

Thanks

ChasingTail said:
Getting the 5XXX/6XXX graphic cards working are quite easy with most monitors, even dual monitors. However some are a real challenge to get working with the 27" Apple Cinema Display.

Injectx's post on Apple Cinema Display LED tested cards has some great info and some incorrect info. Copied from Injectx post GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB - WORKS Confirmed by: thornomad (hasn't responded to PM)
Notes:
- This DP to Mini-DP Cable (despite the warnings, it works)

Well it doesn't work for me. I like others have purchased the NEW DP -> MDP cable and gave it a try. Connected my Batmobile GV-R577UD-1G with the cable to my 27" ACD, nothing....my other monitors work great connected DVI, like they have for months. I have the proper framebuffer (Vervet) and I have installed the new ATI kexts from Multibeast 3.4. The Batmobile is in my video processing box, P55-UD4, i7, 16 GB RAM, SSD boot, TB's of storage, and 10.6.7.

I would like to know if anyone can confirm the 27" Apple Cinema Display does work with the XFX HD-687A-ZDBC or the XFX HD-687A-ZDFC. These cards are reported as working and also reported as very quiet.

BTW, the ACD works beautifully with my MacBook Pro.

Thanks
What about if you use the normal ATI kexts instead of the new ones ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back