Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

xelanaiznac said:
hi guys. i have a sapphire vapor-x 5850. i will try the new drivers, putting graphicenabler set to no, as the guide said. my answer is: must i use kabyl bootloader or the standard chameleon bootloader?
which is the best one?

Either but I would go with Kabyl

thank you notshy! Can i know why kabyl is better?

My MSI HD5670 1GB DDR5 works with QE/CI.
And got 3 monitor output, Video and Audio output through HDMI port.
Looks great!!!

ATI driver from 10.6.7.tiff

Attachments

• ATI driver from 10.6.7.tiff
    124.8 KB · Views: 176

Any chance anyone has tried an MSI 6870 with these new drivers? Need to replace my card to work with a 24" ACD I just got, and apparently my 5850 is no good for that. Looking to get the MSI because apparently the cooler on it is silent which is what I'm looking for.

haze295 said:
ATTN: 69xx Cards do not work yet and did not actually work through out this whole news post. I'm sorry to break the news but I checked on a few
more sites and I found several posts from a top Hackintosh guru that stated his was misquoted and the 69xx cards were posted as working however
were not. This includes 10.6 up to 10.6.7 including new kexts, and also 10.7 from his work. I also think he stated some issues with 68xx cards but don't quote me on that.

Once again I apologize for this information however I thought it would help a lot of you out who might be banging your head at this point in frustration.
Thanks for posting this, but the tonymacx86 blog never claimed that the 69xx cards worked. They documented that there was support in the new kexts for these cards along with the included device ids.

No problem. :) Actually it came down to the first person who found this information and posted it on the internet. Someone played telephone with the original information and most sites got the same information.

I confirmed the 69xx base doesn't work however that was a wasted night :lol: . Should've seen my face when I found out the information. :p

So, the Geekbench & DVD player issues are related to the ATI drivers not the 10.6.7 update itself?

Please if anybody got a fix, let's know.

So wait, are 68xx cards working or not? What are the issues haze is talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back