Contribute
Register

Local hackintosh clubs/groups/swaps/meetings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Concur OAM.

However, IIRC, Apple use to have a list of all the Apple Users Groups on it's web site. You could go to the Philly Apple Users Group and make discrete inquiries. I don't think anybody would bodily throw you out of the meeting. They might even have a sub group for hackintoshs. :thumbup:

Thank you Stork and OAM. I have no doubt that this forum will act as my fairy godmother throughout this project.
I guess I was just hoping to find someone to literally look over my shoulder for the first time through.
Turns out Apple does still list some user groups within my radius. None appeared OSx86 friendly based on their webpages, but it will be worth making discreet inquiries. I also found a list of paid membership hacking/entrepreneur workspaces. Might be 1 month's basic membership to meet some knowledgeable friends there.

I'll soon be posting my first stab at a parts list in Forum → The Build → Buying Advice.
Stork, some of your builds have been useful as a starting point.

Thank you Stork and OAM. I have no doubt that this forum will act as my fairy godmother throughout this project.
I guess I was just hoping to find someone to literally look over my shoulder for the first time through.
Turns out Apple does still list some user groups within my radius. None appeared OSx86 friendly based on their webpages, but it will be worth making discreet inquiries. I also found a list of paid membership hacking/entrepreneur workspaces. Might be 1 month's basic membership to meet some knowledgeable friends there.

I'll soon be posting my first stab at a parts list in Forum → The Build → Buying Advice.
Stork, some of your builds have been useful as a starting point.

It's easier than you think- just follow the official guides here, and by all means choose compatible hardware. :geek::ugeek::mrgreen:

the fun starts when everything is installed and working and you're in the polishing phase. I spent 2 days trying to hide partitions in my boot loader !
Loads of fun, really...and an awesome community as support ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back