Contribute
Register

Loading Screen then restarts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kduvernay said:
Did you boot back to the USB and copy the mach_kernel to the lion drive?
yeah through terminal is there something else I should do because I have read through the install thread like 50 times and can't see where I went wrong

wareagle1113 said:
kduvernay said:
Did you boot back to the USB and copy the mach_kernel to the lion drive?
yeah through terminal is there something else I should do because I have read through the install thread like 50 times and can't see where I went wrong
Then reboot to the USB drive, at boot screen select the Lion drive, compete the install and run Mutibeast.

yeah thats when lion wouldnt load up without usb
Is there a way just to wipe the hdd and start the process over?

Lion won't boot without the USB until you run Multibeast. Did you do that?

yeah I ran multibeast and its booted up now but i have to boot through usb and it takes me to the login screen and everything loads up Im actually using safari to type this.But its in low res and and everything. Like multibeast 4.6 didn't work. Maybe I should reformat and start all over?

Look at the User builds thread and find a build using the same mobo and copy their Multibeast settings. There is no DSDT for your board so you should select Easybeast in Multibeast and the box will be bootable. Luck with it...

IM pretty sure something is going wrong in Terminal. Because once I have switched the kernels , reboot and select LION I get a cannot find but if I select back into the USB, I can go forward with the installation but it never makes my HDD bootable.

any idea as to why I get "can't find" when I choose the lion partition from the unibeast USB?

I'm assuming "can't find" means "can't find mach_kernel"... It's not likely that there's anything wrong with terminal.

Boot to USB and go to Terminal. Assuming that you named the flash drive "USB" and the HD "Lion". Enter the following:

rm /Volumes/Lion/mach_kernel

cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/Lion/

Watch for error message as you execute the commands.

Reboot to USB, select Lion, run Multibeast, select Easybeast, reboot to Lion drive...

Yeah I did that, the problem is when I boot back up after that command, it still won't let me access "Lion". Its like the command never goes through. Is there a certain way to make the command stick or do you not have to save it? As you can tell Im a NOOB but after the failed boot sequence I boot from "USB" again, and it takes me through the installation process which I know is what your supposed to do AFTER you boot LION.Then do MULTIBEAST to complete installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back