Contribute
Register

Loading bar won't move. PCI configuration begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears as though the computer doesn't recognize any PCI devices? However en0 does appear however in the wrong tab.

I have a rosewill N900PCE. I saw another form that said it was compatible.

What is weird is I am still connecting to the internet just fine.

It appears as though the computer doesn't recognize any PCI devices? However en0 does appear however in the wrong tab.

I have a rosewill N900PCE. I saw another form that said it was compatible.

What is weird is I am still connecting to the internet just fine.

You don't have ethernet adapter enabled on OS X. You required an ethernet adapter for connection to App Store.

Which ethernet adapter you have in your motherboard?? Install correct kext and enable it first.

It is Intel Gigabyte ethernet. Where can I find the kext and where can I install it? I am not using a wired connection though.

Should I be using these? PCIRootUID=1, Ethernet Built In = yes

Well I was on my way to do this. However now mac won't boot :(.

I woke up this morning and noticed that oddly enough my bios wouldn't auto boot into anything. I had to f11 and select the stick. And after that it would take a long time of loading before it would actually boot into the boot loader. So I checked bios settings... Nothing has changed.

An odd thing is if I unplug the USB and plug it back in the bios usually automatically goes to it. Sometimes it likes to pause at a blinking line.

Anyway I went to my bios settings and restored defaults (and completely unplugged the computer for a bit) then changed settings back to what they were. This did not fix things.

I had tried booting into mac before and i got this.
https://app.box.com/s/ozfz91oso0ylct508gopx05jfbgze2qv
and one time with i forget which boot flag
https://app.box.com/s/nl22h2ukdsy5dqoyvnkp7kmosm9sen33

It still won't boot after all of the later hullabalou mentioned. Yes I have tried with the second display unplugged.

So I boot into windows and it crashes after the loading screen is done (it stays lit up but display output it lost). I try again this time i disconnected a DVI to VGA adapter that was running a second screen (booting up with it in had worked fine yesterday. And it worked. But I noticed my graphics card was not pulsating like it was supposed to so I did a clean install of the driver. And plugged in the 2nd display and everything was fine with windows. I even rebooted and it worked (note the bios thing was still wacky). And it booted into mac with the same error*.

IDK why the boot up is being weird like this.

Anyway. Can you please help me with this? Remember I dont want to put in the stand in video card unless absolutely necessary so anything that can be done in terminal using my usb drive would be great!

*EDIT: I suppose I actually wrote up what i predicted the last sentence of the last paragraph. I booted up the mac after re-plugging in the usb... and it worked. Not only that but BOTH DISPLAYS WORKED which made me VERRRRYYY Happy! Still any advice on the bios would be appreciated.

I am very curious as to what could have caused this error, and why doing what I did worked.

Also I checked that software out on my macbook. there are so many boot options which tabs should I be looking at? I cant find my ethernet thing (or any ethernet things for that matter. And will this work even though I am using a boot loader?

EDIT: After booting into mac again I opened up the software and noticed my wireless card. I still dont know what to do with the software... however it is a Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a/b/g/n) it says bad in en0 and the builtin box does not appear to be checked.

Also would it be possible to get usb 3.0 slots working?

Oh and since 10.10.3 is out it is probably worth mentioning that i plan to not to any OS updates until.

A. It is absolutely necessary.
or
B. Native support for graphics card and processor is in os.

Went ahead and had disk utility do maintenance on the USB stick. It still is not working... I suspect the motherboard is doing something.

Oh and since 10.10.3 is out it is probably worth mentioning that i plan to not to any OS updates until.

A. It is absolutely necessary.
or
B. Native support for graphics card and processor is in os.

For your Haswell-E processor and GTX980, unfortunately no native support on 10.10.3 also.

If you are going for an update, be sure to keep a bootable USB and back up of all the important DATAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back