Contribute
Register

List of Motherboards you can successfully install Catalina Beta 6 Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B360-G GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i3-8100
Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 PULSE
"Asus ROG B360 G Gaming" Work fine for me

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Successfully updated from Mojave without a hitch :)

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
can you point me to any particular instructions? When I try to boot the USB installer I get a white no-entry sign.
I had the same error trying to boot from a USB3 port. Changing over to USB2 solved the issue.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
having a solid experience with the motherboard in system to the left

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
CPU
E5-2620
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
Mac Pro
  • I have been able to successfully install macOS Catalina Beta 6 Public Release on the following Motherboards.
    • Except for the last one, GA-Z390 X Gaming which requires the use of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi+EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (or Drivers/UEFI in currently released CLOVER versions) and config.plist_Boot_Arguments [√]Slide=0 in installer USB Disk's CLOVER and later changing it to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in the System SSD/HDD's CLOVER, all other installations were fairly easy.
  • Anyone considering installing macOS Sierra to Catalina Beta (With or without Windows 10 and or Linux as Multi-boot), the following boards should work along with recommended CPU and RAM from Gigabyte Documentation.
  • None of the more recent Nvidia Graphics cards and some of the Older AMD(ATI) Radeon Cards would work.
    • Be careful in the choice of PCIE Graphics.
    • Search for and make sure you have Mojave and Catalina Supported PCIE Graphics BEFORE making the Installer Disk for Mojave and/or Catalina
  • Recent Nvidia Graphics with Web drivers are good for High Sierra Installation but NOT for Mojave or Catalina
  • GA-H61M-HD2
  • GA-Z77X-UP5-Th
  • GA-Z77X-UP4-Th
  • GA-H77-DS3H
  • GA-X79-UP4 (difficult)
  • GA-B85MDS3H
  • GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • GA-B150M-DS3H
  • GA-Z270X-Gaming Ultra
  • GA-Z370P-HD3
  • GA-Z390 X Gaming(Difficult)
@cmn699 Do you have any advice for the GA-X79? I see you list it as "difficult". I have the GA-X79-UD3, which I can get to boot the installer for Catalina, but it always hangs at "about 9 minutes remaining" after the storagekitd finishes installing the recovery volume. No further installer activity after that - not sure why.

(see my post for further details of what I've tried)

Status
Not open for further replies.