can you point me to any particular instructions? When I try to boot the USB installer I get a white no-entry sign.Everything it's ok on Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
@cmn699 Do you have any advice for the GA-X79? I see you list it as "difficult". I have the GA-X79-UD3, which I can get to boot the installer for Catalina, but it always hangs at "about 9 minutes remaining" after the storagekitd finishes installing the recovery volume. No further installer activity after that - not sure why.
- I have been able to successfully install macOS Catalina Beta 6 Public Release on the following Motherboards.
- Except for the last one, GA-Z390 X Gaming which requires the use of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi+EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (or Drivers/UEFI in currently released CLOVER versions) and config.plist_Boot_Arguments [√]Slide=0 in installer USB Disk's CLOVER and later changing it to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in the System SSD/HDD's CLOVER, all other installations were fairly easy.
- Anyone considering installing macOS Sierra to Catalina Beta (With or without Windows 10 and or Linux as Multi-boot), the following boards should work along with recommended CPU and RAM from Gigabyte Documentation.
- None of the more recent Nvidia Graphics cards and some of the Older AMD(ATI) Radeon Cards would work.
- Be careful in the choice of PCIE Graphics.
- Search for and make sure you have Mojave and Catalina Supported PCIE Graphics BEFORE making the Installer Disk for Mojave and/or Catalina
- Recent Nvidia Graphics with Web drivers are good for High Sierra Installation but NOT for Mojave or Catalina
- GA-X79-UP4 (difficult)
- GA-Z270X-Gaming Ultra
- GA-Z390 X Gaming(Difficult)