Contribute
Register

List of Macs that can run macOS 13 Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the lifespan is narrowed down to five years in terms of getting the latest macOS, Intel-based Macs should be supported until macOS 15 or 16 unless a new Intel-based Mac Pro is released later.
Considering that the last Intel-based model is the MacPro 2019, we will have support up to 2024, which means MacOS 15 and no more, but next year we will know something more for sure. Anyway dropping highly expensive machines like iMacPro's and MacPro's by Apple it's not something pro customers would love that much, so - maybe - there will be an extended support for them.

So problems are in the components mostly rather than in the machines, namely our beloved Broadcom that might loose support quite soon...

Also noticed how Apple used the terms of years. Mac Studio in only 2022 is supported, but Mac Pro is described as 2019 and later. A hint of upcoming new Mac Pros?
Yes, they told that all the Intel line-up would have been replaced in two years since the 1st announce of an M1 machine. So they are late on the Mac Pro's side and probably they will introduce something new by the end of this year or spring of the next one year, indeed, it will be a M2/M3 ultra machine and it will cost like all my hackintoshes together! :crazy:

I only hope it will have some internal SATA ports and fully modular in terms of RAM and NVMe's.

I only hope it will have some internal SATA ports and fully modular in terms of RAM and NVMe's.

I don't know if using standard DDR5 DIMM/SO-DiMMs is possible because of the unified memory.

Switching to standard M.2 NVMe SSDs would be less secure than their current implementation of SSDs. It would be difficult to explain why the top of the line Mac is the least secure model in their lineup.

I don't know if using standard DDR5 DIMM/SO-DiMMs is possible because of the unified memory.
"Unified" memory does not require soldered-on memory, it just means that the memory is shared by computing and display systems.

"Unified" memory does not require soldered-on memory, it just means that the memory is shared by computing and display systems.

Having it off the die would probably introduce a lot more latency. I don't know how that would affect the GPU. I don't think we've ever seen any dedicated video card with the DDR on sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back