Contribute
Register

List of laptop computers that people are having problems installing Mountain Lion on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE70 2PE-012 US
CPU
2.4 GHz Core i7-4700HQ
Graphics
Intel 4600 HD & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Please list the specifications of your computer and what you can and cannot do with your computer.

The system boot with unibeast but my graphics is 1024 X 768 and not the 1920 X 1080 resolution my graphics card can produce. My system cannot run on multibeast as well. The wifi and bluetooth does not work. The sound does not work. If anybody know how to get the graphics and sound working I would be a happy camper. I am using a wifi card to have my wifi working.

MSI GT70 OND-219US 64bit System
Processor Intel Core I7 3610QM CPU 2.3 GHz
Ivy Bridge
Motherboard MS-1762 HM77
Bios American Megatreands Inc. E1762MS.30C Date 04/26/2012
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA Gefore GTX 675M/4GB GDDR5

The purpose of this thread is to help people make intelligent decisions when purchasing their next laptop and maybe compile a list of systems so that the next unibeast update can get some of these computers working in the future. Please add your trouble computer to the list.:banghead:

try voodoohda.kext. install latest one using multibeast. If you get feedback, use the kext I posted under [work in progress] z580 (do a search on this forum)

try setting your graphics resolution during boot up - the chameleon prompt - or in org.chameleon.boot.plist. Use "Chameleon Wizard" to set your resolution.

Gents,

I have a Acer Travelmate 7730G-654G1TMn running Lion 10.7.5, but I'm still battling to install Mountain Lion and always getting stuck at "Still waiting for the root device". The spec of my machine is:

Acer Travelmate 7730G-654G1TMn
Intel Core 2 Duo T6570 2.1 GHz
4 Gig RAM
NVIDIA 9600M GT
2 x 500 Gig HDD (Seagate & Western Digital)

To install Lion had to reverse two kexts
(AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily)

Gents,

I have a Acer Travelmate 7730G-654G1TMn running Lion 10.7.5, but I'm still battling to install Mountain Lion and always getting stuck at "Still waiting for the root device". The spec of my machine is:

Acer Travelmate 7730G-654G1TMn
Intel Core 2 Duo T6570 2.1 GHz
4 Gig RAM
NVIDIA 9600M GT
2 x 500 Gig HDD (Seagate & Western Digital)

To install Lion had to reverse two kexts
(AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily)
Try installing Lion on a empty partition. If your disk partition has information it will cause booting errors. But try the GraphicsEnabler=No first and see if that works.

try voodoohda.kext. install latest one using multibeast. If you get feedback, use the kext I posted under [work in progress] z580 (do a search on this forum)

try setting your graphics resolution during boot up - the chameleon prompt - or in org.chameleon.boot.plist. Use "Chameleon Wizard" to set your resolution.
I know my that the motherboard for the msi gt70 is currently not supported. My dsdt.aml file compiles with errors. With both of these facts multibeast when installed will boot with errors. I have to figure out how to compile a clean dsdt.aml file so that my computer could have a chance of starting without errors. Once I get these error straighten out then I could start using multibeast. My motherboard model is MSI-1762 HM77 which is currently not supported with the use of multi beast. I am a noob so I would need detailed step by step instructions from somebody with the same computer would made it would for me to get my graphics to work properly. I did get the sound to work with the hissing sound. I did use multibeast to get that working properly. I just cannot use the part about adding the dsdt files to get my computer to boot from the hard disk. I will try adding that kext sound file and see if that works. Everytime I fail it cost me 30 minutes or more to get my computer back up and running again because I have to reinstall osx again. After I set my resolution in chameleon wizard where do I place the org.chameleon.boot.plist also my computer will not boot if I don't use the command GraphicsEnabler=No.

I have spent I lot of time trying to figure this out. I would be happy if I could use the HD 4000 graphics card so I could get the resolution and the sound figured out. Under my graphics card my computer is telling me that it cannot read the kext file.

Update: I got my graphic card thanks to the advice give to me I finally have the graphics acceleration working. I guess you can scratch this computer off the list. The only problem I am having is the usb 3.0 and the audio hisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back