Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Before it would stop at PCI configuration begin

So I tried npci=0x2000 and now it stops at PCI configuration end, bridge 6 devices 17

anymore ideas?

trying to install on Inspirion 1545 (specs in profile), I have seen online other people do it so i must be doing something wrong?

Thanks

Re: install stops at PCI configuration end, bridge 6 devices 17

npci=0x3000

You might want to post your system specifications in greater detail, so people don't have to go dig them up to offer help. For instance, what is the exact processor you have? How about the motherboard? Are these things reported on the manufacturer's site for your machine? Also, there are specific BIOS settings that are required for a successful OS X install. Have you done any of that?

Without more detail, it is virtually impossible to help diagnose your problem. It's no different that calling the auto garage in the morning, to simply state "my car won't start." MANY things can be the cause of the problem, and without knowing how you've configured the machine or what you've tried thus far (besides the npci flags mentioned), there's really no way to offer much help.

Finally, are you sure that others got that machine working with a *Celeron* processor? I wasn't even aware those would work, but I haven't researched it myself.

TB

sorry, here is the full information -

COMPUTER:
dell inspiron 1545 (laptop)

CPU:
Intel celeron 900 @2.20GHz

RAM:
3Gb dual channel DDR2

MAINBOARD:

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: Dell inc.
Model: OG848F
Chipset: Intel GM45/GM47 Rev. 07
Southbridge: Intel 82801M (ICH9-M)
LPCIO: NS

I have set the bios to AHCI mode.

Sometimes (and sometimes not weirdly) when i write -v -f PCIRoot=0 it gets past the PCI configuration bit but then stops again :(

Any advice?

Ok, I got a bit further -

I booted using '-v arch=i386' and now it gets too this -

serialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully. (faliedCommandIngo = 0x2)

I feel like I'm so close to getting it to work...

any ideas? :)

According to the system requirements listed by Apple for their OS X Lion Operating System, your Celeron isn't going to work. At the very least, you will need a Core 2 Duo CPU. Check this out:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

So unless you have specific knowledge of someone who has gotten this particular processor to work with Lion, it seems as though this isn't going to work at all. I'd say you have a better chance of working with Snow Leopard, than with Lion...but I am not even sure that would work.

TB

I installed snow leopard on it no problem and it worked very well.

So I thought I would give Lion a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back