Graphics
Asus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I generally do not have many problems since I built my system (CustoMac Pro Build - GA-Z68X-UD5-B3) with the intentions of running osx. I have been using an external usb audio interface for a while but it finally broke on me, so I was forced to get my onboard audio working after all of this time.

I am running 10.7.3 and attempted to use the Voodoo(Universal) Audio Drivers without deleting any previous kexts. This resulted in Lion not being able to boot. I've tried -x and -s and it always seems to be timing out when trying to load audio kexts. My iBoot CD gives me the same issue.

Is there another flag I dont know about? Is there a way for me to delete the kext file? Re-installing is not an option, and I currently have no way of backing any of this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try -F and -f.
I wish install guides stressed more having a second hard drive or two OS X partitions
as you need to get in to system that will not boot.

In future part ion drive and carbon copy clone the sys.
You may need to use the chimera only installer to get new partition to boot

If you have access to another mac mount it in an external drive and turn it on after
real mac is up and running. Real Macs can have real problems if they load Hackintosh
system.

another cheap option that will be slow : get a large enough flash drive and install
to Flash drive and use it to fix your disk.

Try using the rboot disc in downloads section.

Another option install OSX on separate partition on your hard drive.
Use new sys to edit the old.

Try using your installer and go to terminal mode to remove the kext.

iBoot doesn't work with Mac OS X Lion. However, rBoot probably will.

You don't even need to install Voodoo to enable sound on the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3. That motherboard uses a standard Realtek 889 audio codec, meaning that you can enable audio by installing the following in Multibeast:

7CT8F.png

Of course, you would have to remove the VoodooHDA kext first.

In the future, you should use Carbon Copy Cloner to back up your Hackintosh. It's a lifesaver.

redwurm said:
I generally do not have many problems since I built my system (CustoMac Pro Build - GA-Z68X-UD5-B3) with the intentions of running osx. I have been using an external usb audio interface for a while but it finally broke on me, so I was forced to get my onboard audio working after all of this time.

I am running 10.7.3 and attempted to use the Voodoo(Universal) Audio Drivers without deleting any previous kexts. This resulted in Lion not being able to boot. I've tried -x and -s and it always seems to be timing out when trying to load audio kexts. My iBoot CD gives me the same issue.

Is there another flag I dont know about? Is there a way for me to delete the kext file? Re-installing is not an option, and I currently have no way of backing any of this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can use the USB-stick with the Lion installer you created with Unibeast to boot but instead of starting the installation select Terminal form the Utilities menu. In Terminal cd to your hard-disk's S/L/E folder and delete the kext which prevents your system from booting. Finally recreate the kernel cache with
Code:
touch .
while System/Library/Extensions is the current directory.

Mieze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back