Not open for further replies.

mpg

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm debating installing OSX Lion Server ($49 now) for the easy development sever setup. Currently running 10.6.8 with and I7-950 on an x58a-ud3r (only mod is using the 10.6.7 ATI kexts to preserve 3 monitor support for the 5770).

Has anyone any info on installing this on a hack vs Lion? Are there any special install issues?

I assume that Server is built on top of Lion and I don't lose any features that I would have with straight Lion?

Any info is appreciated.

Server is a suite of apps your buy in the app store this time around.. you first need to have Lion Installed and than you can buy Server from the app store and it will install the apps.

well if u are running 10.6.8 not server edition it says it is 2 seperate purchases, only way it is not 2 seperate purchases is if you are on a server edition already, thats what I am taking away from this, also in the app store it say requirments for OSX Lion Server is 10.7

Thanks all. Some of the language on the Lion Server page made it sound like it was the full install. Tried to buy and it confirms that you need to be on Lion first. So I'm just waiting a few days for any early issues to get ironed out and then I'll be doing the full install. Thanks.

Big Bump, Sorry !

I would like to know if you have upgraded your Lion to Lion server.
I plan to buy the server version but I do not know if I can install it directly on my current Lion install, like a brainless, or if I have to start again from scratch my install using the server version of the Lion installer

Thanks

just install it on top of your current lion, its the only way to do it actually..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back