Contribute
Register

Lion to mavericks, then restart, kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
With -x, it has a loading bar at the bottom and finishes loading, and then the normal apple logo loading continues. Although, due to the monitor failure, it does not boot to show me a kernel panic or a success.
With -v, all of the code continues down (mainly "Read HFS file") then slows down at realtek audio. This is when my speakers boom to turn on. Then it says stuff about HDAenabler. It says the disk OSX Lion is good, and then another monitor fail. With both tries. it ends with a "no dvi signal." What should i do now?:crazy:

Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No, if this does not work then try again adding -x and let the text run. Once the text has stopped, please take a clear photograph and post the result back here.

Adrian B

Did you mean -v? Because I don't think safe mode shows any running text. Or does it do that when GraphicsEnabler=No? But anyway, I will try Graphics Enabler=No -v -x.

Did you mean -v? Because I don't think safe mode shows any running text. Or does it do that when GraphicsEnabler=No? But anyway, I will try Graphics Enabler=No -v -x.

Try not to use -x initially, see if changing the the graphics enabler command will sort things out - I think that your GPU need it for Mavericks. You may also need a command for integrated graphics. Lets try one thing at a time.

Adrian B

Yes, I will do that. Just informing, this whole time i have been booting from usb, i hope that doesn't change anything. From the hard drive, nothing worked before. But now, I can give it a try if needed.

***DRUM ROLL*** It worked! I really needed the help! But now I better install multibeast, I did not do that last time. Although, I'll send the pics anyways of the verbose. Again, this was from usb so it hopefully works normally too. Thank you so much!

photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back