Gigabyte GV-R577SO-1GD
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I updated from lion to mavericks, it was working, but the Internet went down. Then I restarted.
The whole machine was working, except after the restart. Now I tried the flags as :-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1. The verbose seemed to be giving correct feeds, but for some reason , after a certain amount of time, my monitor shuts down. then it says Dvi no signal and I have to restart my computer. I have posted a picture of the panic. Thank you so much, I really need some help.

---Sometimes it is type 13: general problems, and sometimes type 14 in the kernel panic.

Attachments

• Attachments_20131122.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
The verbose seemed to be giving correct feeds, but for some reason , after a certain amount of time, my monitor shuts down. then it says Dvi no signal and I have to restart my computer

I have no experience of running a raid setup - plenty of people do not like using them with OS X because they feel that they are not reliable, to much trouble and you are always re-installing.

How are your bios settings for your video card? Are you getting video upto a point before the screen goes blank as if the video signal has been cut off?

Adrian B

Sorry, but what's raid?
Yes, I get video up to a point, and then it fails. For the video bios settings, the ones that I can find are: init display first is PCIE x16, my HPET is in 32 bit (I have a feeling that should be 64), power on by mouse is enabled. Sorry, I don't know if these are the results you wanted but they seemed like video settings.

Sorry, but what's raid?
Yes, I get video up to a point, and then it fails. For the video bios settings, the ones that I can find are: init display first is PCIE x16, my HPET is in 32 bit (I have a feeling that should be 64), power on by mouse is enabled. Sorry, I don't know if these are the results you wanted but they seemed like video settings.

if you are using i5-2400, then it has Intel HD2000 graphics which Apple do not support. Your Gigabyte HD5770 GPU will work by using the 'PEG' option, see this link for a better explanation.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Adrian B

When I open init display first it gives me the options PCIE x16, PCIE x8, and one other one. None of them were PEG. Do I need to update or something?

Yes, that is what I had running. Although, the problem still continues. Just a clarification, after the monitor is fixed, I should run on verbose to find the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back