Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 Aorus Gaming 3
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Did something to screw up my 10.7.4 Hackintosh this morning. Not sure what but at login it would just spin the icon on the grey screen.

So, booted Chimera from the USB and did a TimeMachine restore of the Lion partition from yesterday. The restore seemed to have gone okay... except my Lion installation is now slow. And I mean it crawls! Clicking on any option or menu gives the beach ball for at least a minute before anything happens.

Also, I've no network connection now. But trying to access Network Settings justs gives a never-ending "Network loading" error.

I re-ran Multibeast but no difference. Have I missed a step somewhere?

Asus P8P67LE with a Core-I3 and 8 Gig Ram.

Re: Lion restored, but now crawls

Did another Time Machine restore from a different time period (actually a couple of hours later than the previous one) and the slowness of the restored system has gone, thankfully. Very strange; there was nothing in the processes that was sucking up CPU. Whatever...

Still I'm stuck with no Network and no access to it in System Preferences. In fact, *none* of the System Preferences will load up! I've tried repairing permissions in via Multibeast.

Re: Lion restored, but now crawls

Managed to solve my problems my simply reinstalling from the USB.

I thought it was going to wipe everything and I'd have to start again, but no! It kept all my apps and settings, although it did boot me back to 10.7.2, which is the version from which I created the USB. No matter; I ran the combo update, followed by Multibeast and now I'm back in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back