1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just upgraded to Lion, and everything went very smooth. As far as I can tell everything that worked on SL works pretty much the same in Lion. There is one thing I have noticed while using remote desktop. My Lion install is showing 2 active monitors, yet I only have one monitor plugged in to the HDMI port.
I checked on the system preferences and confirmed that Lion is detecting HDMI and VGA ports active. Any ideas why?
Also, I can only get wake on boot when the computer is shutdown thru the top menu, shutdown option. If I set the computer to sleep, it won't wake up and needs the power cable to unplugged from the PSU to get it back to life. This was happening in SL, but I figure I take the opportunity to get it working. Suggestions are welcomed.
I have all boxes checked on the Energy Saver settings.

In Snow Leopard, the VGA was non-existent on remote desktop. In fact, with Lion I noticed that if I take my mouse pointer over to the side, I eventually end up on the ghost VGA monitor... basically my mouse disappears to the right.
The interesting thing is that my video card doesn't have a VGA port. It has HDMI, dispaly port, and 2 DVIs.
The frame buffer is the same as in Snow, but I may try others to see what happens.

apparently I'm having the same problem and not knowledgable enough to try the method posted at the other forum. I'm sure the method can work for hd5850 also. hopefully someone can help.

Well, I got my ghost monitor corrected by following the directions on the link I provided on my previous post. If anyone wants to try it out, I can post the modified Kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back