Graphics
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, i have a Sony VAIO laptop VPCEB14EN can i install Lion on it? I want to install Lion using an 8gb cruzer. I am using VMWARE Image of Mac OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to create Lion Installation USB.

VPCEB14EN Specifications:
Processor Name : Intel Core i3-330M processor 2.13 GHz
Chipset : Intel HM55 Express Chipset (Mobile H55 Chipset)
Graphics Accelerator : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics
Motherboard Product Name : Intel® BD82HM55 PCH
RAM : 3 GB
HD : 320 GB

I have the retail Lion image (InstallESD.dmg).

What i have attempted so far

1) I have followed xMove+MultiBeast method, i used xMove on the 8gb usb. After booting i got "[PCI Configuration Begin]". I did not boot from HD, i installed Chameleon 2 RC5 r1224 on seperate second USB and then booted from it. I tried "PCIRootID=1", "npci=0x2000 flag" but i could not get past this error!

2) Then, i followed This Guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=256729 . I followed this and still got same error!

3) I searched for compatible DSDT but couldn't find one. Nearest was VPCEB13EB (http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1169) but i avoided it although i think* its same hardware internally, but still why take risk?

Please help me with my problems, and if required please tell me a detailed step by step process for installing Lion from USB for a Clean Install. I will be performing all preparation inside the VMWARE IMAGE OF SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.8.

Thank You.

No One ? Please Help ! I cant Even Clean Install Lion :(

I feel for you. Installing on laptops are way harder, and to get 100% functionality, specially with new Sandy Bridge ones.

Here's a tutorial that worked for my desktop without any problems at all. I have not tried this on my laptop yet, but maybe it can work for you. I will try this guide myself later.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=260594

I also got a desktop
MOBO: P5KPL AM/PS
Processor: Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHz
Graphics: 9600GT 512MB

I was able to install Lion with full graphics acceleration, audio and Reboot Fix!

Now, i want to apply the DSDT for "P5KPL AM" available from "DSDT AutoPatcher"! What are the list of KEXTS that i need along with the DSDT ?

I have installed
- fakesmc.kext
- voodoo audio hda kext
- eVoReboot.kext

I am happy with my current installation of Lion. BUT! I WANT TO KNOW IF I copy DSDT to E/E folder on mac disk. WILL THAT BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT ? WILL THE SYSTEM BE MORE STABLE ? IF SO, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ?

Intel4Ever said:
I feel for you. Installing on laptops are way harder, and to get 100% functionality, specially with new Sandy Bridge ones.

Here's a tutorial that worked for my desktop without any problems at all. I have not tried this on my laptop yet, but maybe it can work for you. I will try this guide myself later.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=260594

XMove automates the whole process. Why should anyone bother doing all of that manually ?

I just mentioned it as an extra thing, as for some the same tutorials sometimes don't work. Different tutorials with other files and bootloader versions might work for some.

ankurmay1988 said:
I also got a desktop
MOBO: P5KPL AM/PS
Processor: Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHz
Graphics: 9600GT 512MB

I was able to install Lion with full graphics acceleration, audio and Reboot Fix!

Now, i want to apply the DSDT for "P5KPL AM" available from "DSDT AutoPatcher"! What are the list of KEXTS that i need along with the DSDT ?

I have installed
- fakesmc.kext
- voodoo audio hda kext
- eVoReboot.kext

I am happy with my current installation of Lion. BUT! I WANT TO KNOW IF I copy DSDT to E/E folder on mac disk. WILL THAT BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT ? WILL THE SYSTEM BE MORE STABLE ? IF SO, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ?

which dsdt file u r using??
i too have the same mobo.
but dont have any autopatcher for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back