AMD Radeon HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Folks,
I had finally decided to take a plunge in the world of hackintoshes and here is my issue:
I have GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 8GB RAM and 1TB drive with i7-2600k and Gigabyte HD 6850. I had placed an order for Snow Leopard disk from apple but they keep changing delivery estimate (2-3 WEEKS!!! out)
Can I just bypass SL, go get Lion (it is in stock) and install? Do I need a special iBoot for that or should I just sit and wait for SL to arrive in 3 weeks ....

Cheers,

Simon

Heya , and Welcome to the Forums ! :) , you have a very Similar System to me , the best thing for you to do in my opinion is try to create a custom USB Install of lion , there are instructions all over the web on how to create one , tonymac offers one them selves , here is a link for you

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25343

Alternativly drop me a line at emmabentley at me.com , on windows live messenger and i'll give you some advice :)

Once Again , Welcome xxxx

Gordo74,
This is perfect! Thank you.
It looks like I can get Lion download from appstore in my VMware 10.6.8
I assume it will download the image that I can apply to your guide.
My ultimate goal out of this is to have a dual boot so kids can use garageband. Unfortunately I can not use 1394 controllers with vmware - otherwise I would be all set...

Cheers,

Simon

Sounds like I need more help (I am Linux/Win guy and this is my first dive into mac :) )
I had downloaded Lion from AppStore and trying to "install" it on my VMWare 10.6.8 however app itself did not install (error on reboot).
I had mounted installESD by hand and xMove was happy.
Now when I boot with rBoot and point to xMoved USB drive system is trying to boot and then screens go blank.
Do I need to specify any boot parameters on rBoot and is so how?

Cheers,

Simon

Sorry for the false alarm :) Had to include "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "PCIRootUID=1" as kernel boot options before running MB.

Cheers,

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back