Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I Have a Dell e5420 (i5, 4Gb RAM, Intel audio - GPU and WiFi,...)
I Have installed Lion OS on it and it works when I get it booted from the installation USB stick. :oops:
But no way of booting it from the hard disc.
I am working with iBoot and Multi beast but can't find the right settings to boot the Dell e5420. :beachball:

Thanks for your colaboration!

I'm in the same boat.

I've applied the latest BIOS, extracted the DSDT and used several apps to "fix/hack" it. I can get it to boot from the Lion Installer USB stick, but can't get the DSDT installed onto the main boot drive, as neither WIndows nor Linux will write to the HFS+ volume on the Mac and I no longer have a working Mac to make the transfer.... Clue me in, please?

Hi, you can add one more to the boat.

I have tried everything that I can find on getting this to work. I end up in an endless cycle where it forces a reboot 10.6.3 and then won't start. I am using original retail media.

The update to 10.6.8 also failed.

Do I have an anchor for the boat or has anyone here successfully got OS 10.6 or 10.7 working? not to mention later versions. I'd love to see a step by step for this specific laptop. I've done every other generic step by step.

Thanks in advance

Hi, you can add one more to the boat.

I have tried everything that I can find on getting this to work. I end up in an endless cycle where it forces a reboot 10.6.3 and then won't start. I am using original retail media.

The update to 10.6.8 also failed.

Do I have an anchor for the boat or has anyone here successfully got OS 10.6 or 10.7 working? not to mention later versions. I'd love to see a step by step for this specific laptop. I've done every other generic step by step.

Thanks in advance

Your laptop can run Yosemite...

Hello, what is the best way to buy Yosemite w/o a Mac?

I understand there's a tool one can buy that can save the installer from a Mac.

Thank you again for your advice. Brendan

Hello, what is the best way to buy Yosemite w/o a Mac?

Not possible. It is free, but you need a Mac or working hack to download it. The alternative is to install Snow Leopard and get it working well enough to access the Mac App Store.

Thank you for your replies. I will see what I can do to get this working. If anyone has a fully working Dell e5420, I'd love to see your step by step & compare specs.

I did order an Atheros wifi card to replace the intel.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back