Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP > Need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i5 > Need full model > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 530
When I boot up after a cold boot I started getting a kernel panic. After I reboot no more kernel panics. Seems to happen on when I 1st turn on my computer. Then after that, its working fine. I can restart it and boot normal. Only on cold boot this happens.

Not sure what's causing this...

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 274
Yeah, sometimes I also get a kernel panic on boot, but booting with the kernel flag -f just fixes it. I think it's just normal.

I never got this till yesterday maybe it was a program I installed who knows I'm just gonna do a reinstall

Btw what do you mean with a 'cold boot'?

When I first turn on the computer. Being off over the night.

Oh, well like I said, that is what I get sometimes.

johnf, I don't know if you're already reinstalling but try taking out PCIe cards 1 by 1 on a cold boot (or start with all of them removed)

Is your sig still correct? I was thinking of reseating the videocard but that would mean reseating the processor :lol:

the ioPCI does seem to point to, obviously, the PCI bus.. Just take out as many components as you can to try and rule out the cause.. A reinstall will not help if the problem's in hardware so rule that out first..

Good luck!

I have no pci-e only thing I'm using is a USB keyboard.
I never had this happen. Just started happening out of no where.

just try taking the usb out as well, just in case.. You can also test your computer hardware (like memory) with something like this: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

When I got the kernel panic, I rebooted and everything worked.
It only happens when I first turn it on.
Like I can restart and everything is good but, when I leave it off overnight and I boot it up for the first time I get the kernel panic. This started happening recently before I never got any kernel panic. I'm thinking it was a program I installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back