Contribute
Register

Lion just won't boot after install for me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EVGA x58 FTW3
CPU
Intel i7 930
Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright, I have OS X Lion 10.7.3 downloaded. I've followed the instructions for partitioning my drive and using xMove to put the installer on it. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed and that is working fine. Just in case I've created another partition to install a fresh copy of lion on there so it doesn't mess up my Snow Leopard install.

When installing:
So I restart at the latest Chimera boot screen and choose the installer partition and the Lion installer comes up giving me the option to choose a language. For some reason I have to wait about 15-20 mins before it lets me click anything. After that I choose my empty partition, I let it install and restart back into the Chimera screen and choose the partition I installed Lion too. Now this is where I'm having problems. It's just stuck at the Apple logo screen with the loading symbol. Nothing happens, so I tried putting in the rBoot cd and booting from there but it just doesn't boot. Stays at the Apple logo screen.

Any suggestion for fixing this?

Thanks,
Brian

ijhu said:
boot with -v string and post screen shot where it hang.

How do I take a screen shot of that while it's booting or do you want me to take a pic and upload?

Alright not sure why it's suddenly working but it's doing the same thing when the installer first boots up. I have to wait like 15-20 mins before it lets me click anything. I can move the mouse around but just can't click.

Just in case I'm going to upload -v string

Attachments

• 2012-03-11 00.34.59.jpg
    2012-03-11 00.34.59.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
Alright, I'm all booted up but I have wait 15-20 mins every single time I restart before it lets me click anything.

ijhu said:
Search the forum for "DSMOS has arrived"

when I do that it just brings me back into this thread lol

It seems most of the people having this problem can't get it to boot. Mine actually boots but I have to wait about 20 mins before it lets me click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back