Contribute
Register

Lion Installer Wont boot. get error [bootcachecontol]

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgates30 said:
How do you know if Chimera is installed? I used the standalone chimera installer, but I never see the boot loader screen. If I use iBoot disc, I see the Installer partition but if I select it the thing crashes instantly.

subcell said:
Same thing here! Rebooting on the Installer partition result in a 1 sec gray Apple logo and then it restart....

If only i could get Chimera installed.
Well I do not know if you already have a working snow system and are just installing over it or are doing a fresh install... if installing over snow You need to enable boot banner to yes in your com.apple.Boot.plist to see this// if your not sure if chimera is installed you can use the newest iboot and type mach_kernel at prompt if you do not iboot will use the iboot kernel.. then you can get to your desktop and open multibeast and install chimera again.. hope this helps

Yes, I've got bootcache error and was unable to install lion. After switching to netkas PC EFI, installation went just fine.

I have tried to install chimera after succesfull lion upgrade, but it made osx unbootable with same bootcache error, so I had to rollback to PC EFI.

I hope that would help. Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

I get exactly the same error message. Any ideas yet what's going wrong? Thx.

I'm stuck in the exact same position. I've tried everything I can think of, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, -x, nothing seems to work for me. I've tried the newest versions of chimera, Chameleon, and PC_EFI and nothing will boot the Installer for me. Can't get past this bootcachecontrol error. I've looked at the directory that this file is supposed to be loaded from and it is indeed there. My Snow Leopard runs flawlessly, and I'm running 10.6.8. I've even stripped my machine down to just the Hard drive, video card and 4 GB of ram, no go. Failing that, I even tried going down to just the integrated graphics, Ram and Hard drive, no dice. Very frustrated!!! Pretty much gotten to the point where I'm gonna start saving my pennies to get a new Motherboard and i5 or i7 CPU!! GRRR!

I'll add some more info from what I'm seeing:

Currently running 10.7.1 successfully (since yesterday) using xMove +iBoot method listed on this site (upgraded from a very stable 10.6.8 system). Also, running latest and greets version of Chimera.

Today on rebooting, I go the same error: "unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory". Tried rebooting several times just hoping it might come back out of it with no luck. I eventually tried booting using the "-x" to see if I could boot into Safe Mode. It almost worked ... got me to a moveable mouse and a solid gray screen ... still that was an improvement. Rebooted one more time after that (no options added) and the system successfully loaded.

I'm posting this info in case someone with more brain power than I have can figure out why I was successful AFTER a "-x" boot from Chimera.

Hope this info helps someone ....

Here are my system specs (basically Tony's custom #3):
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel Core i5 2500
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
WD 1TB SATA

Count me in on this problem too.

I've tried everything.

I have an an older Gigabyte board, the EP45-UD3P but it runs Snow Leopard flawlessly.

Nevermind, I solved it.
So, first what I did is try to find out if I reaaaaaly didnt change anything since last successful install. Nothing changed EXCEPT the drive I installed on. Now it was on a drive that was connected to ... white connector (probably SATAIII).
Changed the connector to the black one and the installer booted but stopped to the white screen with the spinning wheel.
I went back in Snow Leopard and made a User DSDT install with system utilities option ticket to "Installer" (using MultiBeast, of course).
It failed but it did what needed to be done (donnow exactly what)
I rebooted again and chose Installer from Chimera and it booted to the Installer app.
Installing now ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, i tried wiping the HDD clean, disconnected all other storage devices and STILL THE SAME ERROR! I even downgraded the BIOS to F4
You know whats the worse? I HAD LION WORKING!!! But now, using absolutely the same HW config, I cannot get the Installer to boot...
I even used an older version of xMove. I as well used rBoot, same thing, nothing changes...
Common guys, if we're stupid, just tell us and then throw as a bone with the solution.
Pleaseeeeee...

I updated my BIOS and everything works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back