Graphics
9800gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Someone Please Help! :banghead: :banghead: when trying to boot the installer it always get stuck at BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No Such file or directory
see pic below

Attachments

• IMG-20110722-00073.jpg
    IMG-20110722-00073.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 839
Same here... stuck 2 weeks....

zuditechguy said:
Someone Please Help! :banghead: :banghead: when trying to boot the installer it always get stuck at BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No Such file or directory
see pic below

THis is the exact problem I'm having aswell can anyone help us PLEASE! lol do you think it is because you let the installer download stuff.... ?

Dpat09 said:
zuditechguy said:
see pic below

THis is the exact problem I'm having aswell can anyone help us PLEASE! lol do you think it is because you let the installer download stuff.... ?

Any luck yet anyone?

Figured I'd throw myself in this group of people with the same problem.

*bump?*

Same thing here! Rebooting on the Installer partition result in a 1 sec gray Apple logo and then it restart....

If only i could get Chimera installed.

How do you know if Chimera is installed? I used the standalone chimera installer, but I never see the boot loader screen. If I use iBoot disc, I see the Installer partition but if I select it the thing crashes instantly.

subcell said:
Same thing here! Rebooting on the Installer partition result in a 1 sec gray Apple logo and then it restart....

Okay, Chimera was installing, but after the BIOS screen disappears you need to press a key on the keyboard (I pressed ALT on my windows keyboard) before the apple screen appears. That got me to the Chimera bootloader screen and I was able to select and startup from the Installer drive.

cgates30 said:
How do you know if Chimera is installed? I used the standalone chimera installer, but I never see the boot loader screen. If I use iBoot disc, I see the Installer partition but if I select it the thing crashes instantly.

subcell said:

Got same issue.
I have used PC EFI bootloader instead of Chimera and it worked like a charm.
I hope Chimera will include PC EFI fix for this, otherwise Lion becomes unbootable on some mobos.

Evilence said:
Got same issue.
I have used PC EFI bootloader instead of Chimera and it worked like a charm.
I hope Chimera will include PC EFI fix for this, otherwise Lion becomes unbootable on some mobos.

So you was also getting to bootcache error? Using Pc EFI boots the installer so you can install lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back