Graphics
GTX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So.

I do the xMove and reboot. If i use the boot loader from my SL installation (from Multibeast), to boot the Installer partition, it stops after DSMOS has arrived. PCIRootUID=1 doesn't help.

Then i restored the lion install on a USB stick, and installed multibeast on it. If i do that, then i can enter even the installation on the Installer partition of the hard drive.

What could be the reason. I thought two multibeast instalations, same version, install the same bootloader.

OK, i was able to run the installer, but and then boot the installation the usb stick, but when i restart, it again freezes on DSMOS has arrived. I have the DSDT that worked with 10.6.8, and then i did a clean lion install from the Installer partition. I can boot it with the USB stick, but not when i install Multibeast. Then it always hangs on DSMOS, both booted from USB or hard drive loader.

I selected the following options:

User DSDT
System tools
audio alc 8xx + rollback
hard disk kexts
network lnx2mac
PCI config fix
PCI Root fix
Macpro 4,1
64 bit boot screen

Has anybody had similar problems?

How long do you wait before you reboot the pc after dsmos?

I left it overnight.

I have since switched form GTX 460 to GTX 580 and i was able to get into the OS, after about 30 secs on DSMOS has arrived, but now it stays frozen for about 10 minutes. I can move the mouse, but finder is blocked, i can't click on the dock, on icons, on the menu bar, nothing. Then suddenly it changes and i can use it normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back