Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So after struggling a bit getting my usb devices working in Lion [with quite a bit of frustration I might add], I am now having another problem. I have 3 partitions on my SSD; Lion 10.7, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Lion Installer [all should be self explanatory]. I'm using my Lion partition now but I can't see it in finder. Finder sees Snow Leopard and Installer, but not my DVD, which is Sony Optiarc, or the Lion partition.

I have NO idea where to go from here, searching doesn't seem to yield any results,.

In the finder preferences....NOT system preferences you can select whether DVD drives will show up in Finder....see if that solves half of your issue.

It won't show up on the desktop unless you have a CD or DVD in it.

Can you see all the partitions and DVD drive in Disk Utility?

:lol:
Preferences solved not being able to see the partition, and unpluged-repluged dvd and it fixed.

Now it all works minus audio through HDMI, not a big deal though.

I have the same sort of issue, after building my Sandy Bridge CustoMac and updating to 10.7.1 I do not see my startup disk on the desktop or in the finder. Yes, this is resolvable by choosing the right settings in the finder preferences and dragging a shortcut to my startup disk from the desktop to where I'd like it in the finder - but the problem seems deeper than that. When I run an installer where it would typically show your "Snow Leopard" disk and ask you to choose where you would like to install - I see no icon. Continuing through the installer does the right thing and installs to the startup disk, but this is rather odd. Also, after changing my finder prefs and the disks show up on the desktop I noticed that they all have an icon like a USB drive rather than an internal drive... does that make sense?

Try installing IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector )w/ System Utilities

Makes drives appear as internal. Installed in /Extra/Extensions. Install with System Utilities tasks.

It is in MultiBeast under Drivers/Kexts/Disk

-Click desktop.
-Click finder then preferences
-Check the box that says Hard disks to create a shortcut on your desktop. Merry Christmas ( i really hope this is what you mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back