Contribute
Register

Lion installation Problem[GA-Z77X-UP5 TH + i5 3470 + Nvidia 650 Ti]. Urgent Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z370 AII
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Friends,

I am also facing same issue. While trying to to install Lion with unibeast flash drive, System is hanging on apple logo.
I waited for 15-20 minute. No use.

After I tried with -x -v.
its showing same error.

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I tried with PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc. but same thing is happening.

While installing Mountain Lion also facing some problems.

While trying to boot with unibeast [Which made from Unibeast 1.7.0 and OS X Mountain Lion Appstore 10.8.2].
PC is quickly restarting when it shows Apple logo.

I tried with -x -v also. But almost 20-30 seconds its showing console text like usual and suddenly restarting.

I have tries with PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc. but same thing is happening.

Please Help

Thanks and regards.

Dilip.

Dear Friends,

I am also facing same issue. While trying to to install Lion with unibeast flash drive, System is hanging on apple logo.
I waited for 15-20 minute. No use.

After I tried with -x -v.
its showing same error.

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I tried with PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc. but same thing is happening.

While installing Mountain Lion also facing some problems.

While trying to boot with unibeast [Which made from Unibeast 1.7.0 and OS X Mountain Lion Appstore 10.8.2].
PC is quickly restarting when it shows Apple logo.

I tried with -x -v also. But almost 20-30 seconds its showing console text like usual and suddenly restarting.

I have tries with PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc. but same thing is happening.

Please Help

Thanks and regards.

Dilip.

dilipvpn

As you not providing the BUILD Specs about the hardware - Based upon the title of the Post - are you getting these errors w the 650 card in the slot or are you trying to build the hack w just the HD4000 GFX from the CPU ( which is the prefered Method) - this applies to both version of OSX your using.

Suggest you do that - remove GFX card ( 650 )
And remake the UnitBeast thumb drive w the current version of OSX 10.8.3 ( if purchased )you should be able to download and use the current Unibeast program to re- make that USB installer and try again. (This is for Mountain Lion.)

Once you have it working on the HD4000 you can install the nVida drivers etc and then insert the 650 TI card and see if that works,
Be advised that you need to make changes in the BIOS for the internal Video ( using HD4000) and the video ram ( 64 megs)
then boot w "-v PCIRootUID=0"
(The above may work w Lion and is mostly for Mountain Lion.)

If you get a KP take a pic an post back -
Also would be nice for you to fill out your Build Signature
http://www.tonymacx86.com/335-profiles-updated-build-signatures-recent-posts-more.html

Also its not nice to have two problems in one post - and that they are for different OSX version - and should be in the Support Forum for their respective OSX versions - bad form.

I strongly suggest you read the FAQ / Rules of this site they are strictly enforced.

READ and UNDERSTAND -http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back