Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4 F22
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Hi all

Before few mounts I got new PC with i7-2600 and ATI 7850 (old one was i7-860 with ATI 5770 - Lion working like charm.... ) and of course I failed to install MAC OSX on it....
Now I MUST have Mac OS running and I added a second Video card on the second PCI-E slot (Nvidia GForce 8600 GT)

How To boot from a USB drive created with Uni Beast and selecting the second video card to be used by the installer and the Lion?
I tried with "-PCIRootUID=1 -v" but after a few lines of logs the screen gets "funny dots" and when I switch the monitor input to DVI (the 8600 is connected there while the ATI card is on the HDMI) I do not see anything - just black screen, no more logs, nothing.... When I "power off and power on the PC" - the BIOS was reset....

The UniBeast boot drive is made few mounts ago (when I tried to boot Lion with just the ATI card)....

So my question is:
Can I have a working Lion using the NVIDIA 8600 GT card from the second PCI-E? What are the "steps"? Boot parameters I have to use?

10x

The 7xxx card is not supported in any version of OS X at this time. The 8600 might have been discontinued in Lion - I can't remember. Can you use the 5770?

The 5770 is not available :(

I used GraphicsEnabler=NO and defined the 1920x1080x32 mode and with only 7850 the system is up and running... but my target is to buy cheap second video card to enable the hardware acceleration.

Is a configuration with ATI 7850 on the primary PCE-E and "some" other card in the second PCI-E can be booted with GraphicsEnabled=YES?

I used GraphicsEnabler=NO and defined the 1920x1080x32 mode and with only 7850 the system is up and running

How was this typed in ?

GraphicsEnabler=NO 1920x1080x32

Will this work on SL? Resizing manually ?

And my 3.1 MP had the Nividia Ge 8800 512mb - working fine in Lion

How was this typed in ?

GraphicsEnabler=NO 1920x1080x32

Will this work on SL? Resizing manually ?

And my 3.1 MP had the Nividia Ge 8800 512mb - working fine in Lion

GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 would work a lot better as a boot flag
If you want to define the graphics mode so you don't have to type it in every boot, you edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist to add the key

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

and change 1920x1080 to your desired resolution

If you want to define the graphics mode so you don't have to type it in every boot, you edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist to add the key

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

And I would find that where?

org.chameleon.boot.plist

And I would find that where?

org.chameleon.boot.plist

root of drive, /Extra folder if you ran MultiBeast and selected either EasyBeast or UserDSDT / DSDT Free and installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back