AMD Radeon HD 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

So here is my problem. I've build a rig capable of running W7 and Lion in theory. However, I followed the guide to installing Lion on a partition using UniBeast, but when the installation is supposed to start, it loads for a very long time, before it shows the error icon. I searched high and low, but I can not find the problem.

Only problem that came remotely close was I didn't use the latest version of Lion. Could this be a problem? How do I get the latest version?

I also tried using the bootable disk from Snow Leopard I received with my MBP, but no effect either.

My setup:
Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-2600, 3.40 GHz 3.70 GHz.
RAM: 16g(I even tried removing all but one stick, no effect)
Video: AMD Radeo HD 6800
For both W7 and Lion I got one OCZ-Agility3 120g SSD
For all documents I got a WDC WD10EAR 1TB HD.

I hope this is enough info for you to come up with suggestions I can try, because I've been trying for a while now, and I'm starting to get sick of it.

Thanks in advance.

chielvl said:
Hello,

So here is my problem. I've build a rig capable of running W7 and Lion in theory. However, I followed the guide to installing Lion on a partition using UniBeast, but when the installation is supposed to start, it loads for a very long time, before it shows the error icon. I searched high and low, but I can not find the problem.

Only problem that came remotely close was I didn't use the latest version of Lion. Could this be a problem? How do I get the latest version?

I also tried using the bootable disk from Snow Leopard I received with my MBP, but no effect either.

My setup:
Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-2600, 3.40 GHz 3.70 GHz.
RAM: 16g(I even tried removing all but one stick, no effect)
Video: AMD Radeo HD 6800
For both W7 and Lion I got one OCZ-Agility3 120g SSD
For all documents I got a WDC WD10EAR 1TB HD.

I hope this is enough info for you to come up with suggestions I can try, because I've been trying for a while now, and I'm starting to get sick of it.

Thanks in advance.
Can you post an image of the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back