Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
For HDMI audio to show up on the second card, an HDMI audio device must be connected.

From post/boot? or just after the system has loaded, I've tried after the sys loads and nothing happens.

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I am running Mountain Lion on a GA-Z68XP-UD3 with an I7 2600k. I am using an EVGA nVidia GTX 570. I haven't seen anything quite like this in the stuff I have managed to be able to read so far, so I wanted to ask if anything needed to be changed because of it. In IORegistryExplorer, my graphics card is listed as being at PEG1@1,1. All of the examples I have seen have had only a single number after the @. Does this change anything?
Also, I saw that onboard audio needs to work, but without using a ALC 889 Enabler, I don't see how that is possible? I've tried using the 2 different ALC 889 audio options in Multibeast and only the nonDSDT one works. But this is also the one that specifically states that it uses the enabler.
Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I can't figure out where to put the copied code in the DSDT file.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Gisshan's.zip
    428.1 KB · Views: 85
Hi toleda, could you help me what part I should edit on adding hdmi audio on my Nvidia Geforce GT 640. I don't really know much about editing DSDTs. HDMI Display works but with no sound. I am using GA-EP45-UD3L Motherboard.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    18 KB · Views: 151
In IORegistryExplorer, my graphics card is listed as being at PEG1@1,1. All of the examples I have seen have had only a single number after the @. Does this change anything?

Also, I saw that onboard audio needs to work, but without using a ALC 889 Enabler, I don't see how that is possible?
The PEG1@1,1 is caused by the graphics card being installed in the wrong slot, use the PCIE x16 primary slot. For 889 on board audio, add layout-id injection to your dsdt. See [EasyGuide] How to add HDEF to your dsdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back