Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
any one help me editing my dsdt please. i have ALC 892 patch correctly, and having gtx 560 ti.
help help
thx

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 97
totofroto said:
hi
any one help me editing my dsdt please. i have ALC 892 patch correctly, and having gtx 560 ti.
You have to make the dsdt edits as described in the guide. HDMI audio is a DIY project. Your HDEF edit is not the usual 892 edit. What AppleHDA.kext are you using?

MrZarniwoop said:
I noted how I got HDMI video working on netkas and InsanelyMac as well, but it was this thread that got my SAPPHIRE HD 4890 Vapor-X 2GB HDMI audio working.
Thanks for reporting the details of your success. Enjoy.

Hello Toleda
I am running Lion 10.7.4
I can't find the HDAU file. Its in the DSDT File. Any suggestions? Attached IOReg file

Thanks in advanced.

PS I deleted all Enablers/Helpers...I think.
I have a AMD Gigabyte 6870 Video Card.

Attachments

• Dave’s Mac Pro.zip
    556.2 KB · Views: 77
Here is my DSDT file

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.6 KB · Views: 144
toleda said:
totofroto said:
hi
You have to make the dsdt edits as described in the guide. HDMI audio is a DIY project. Your HDEF edit is not the usual 892 edit. What AppleHDA.kext are you using?

thanks for ur reply

i am using patched applehda for alc892 in multibeast

thanks

totofroto said:
i am using patched applehda for alc892 in multibeast
Either you are not getting sound or the dsdt attached is not the dsdt you are using. The HDEF/layout-id should be 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00.

dave1981 said:
I am running Lion 10.7.4
I can't find the HDAU file. Its in the DSDT File. Any suggestions? Attached IOReg file
The problem is the dsdt for your motherboard. There is an extra IOPCI2PCIBridge and pci-bridge which means GFX0 and HDAU are not linked. I don't know how to solve the problem. If you are not using any of the other PCIe slots, you can try deleting the code for PEG1 and see if that solves the problem.

please,
i made all edits successfully for my graphic cards, but HDAU is incomplete...

look:
In both GFX0 and HDAU, i have the hda-gfx=onboard-1, but do not have DigitalAudioCapabilities, see bellow:
GFX0

HDAU

but now, take a look in the properties of the device HDAU, it's incomplete:

What happened? I've an incompatible mobo??? Or there some fixes for this???

Maf3r0 said:
please,
i made all edits successfully for my graphic cards, but HDAU is incomplete...

What happened? I've an incompatible mobo??? Or there some fixes for this???
You are not done with the edits. AppleHDA must be edited for your Nvidia Graphics card. Use this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32041

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back