Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda, thank you for all your help so far. I am getting close to the promise land I believe. I have managed to get an exited DSDT working and also I have onboard audio working now. The issue I am having is I do not see HDAU when I search IOREG. however I do see GFX1 I am attaching a copy of my IOREG and the dsdt I currently have installed. If you can please take a quick look to see if you can find any problems It would really help a lot.

you mentioned something about location-id in HDEF???

NOTE: I **think** i am still using the original AppleHDA.kext, I tried installing a kext from this forum that was supposed to be for the 888s and the 888 drivers but when I installed them my computer would not start. When I installed only the 888 driver, i was able to start up and in sound prefs it recognized my hdmi connected device as being under display port, yet i still did not have HDMI audio.

I currently have onboard audio with original kext.

Attachments

• dsdt copy 2.aml
    27.1 KB · Views: 106
  • NOHDAU.zip
    477.5 KB · Views: 78
eilertsj said:
There isn't pegp with my unedited dsdt from the database, theres the original peg0 but thats it. heres ioreg with unedited dsdt
The problem is in the dsdt from the database. It is caused by IGD0 being attached to PEG0 rather than PCI0. When I compare it my dsdt that works properly, I can't see any differences. My conclusion is you can't get HDMI audio with your current dsdt. You have a couple of choices: 1. Extract the real dsdt from your system, 2. report the problem to MacMan and see if he can fix the problem or 3. remove the code causing the problem to see if the problem can be resolved.

Mxpxman264 said:
Toleda, thank you for all your help so far. I am getting close to the promise land I believe. I have managed to get an exited DSDT working and also I have onboard audio working now. The issue I am having is I do not see HDAU when I search IOREG. however I do see GFX1 I am attaching a copy of my IOREG and the dsdt I currently have installed. If you can please take a quick look to see if you can find any problems It would really help a lot.

There is an audio enabler installed on your system (HDEF/Credits). The enabler interferes with AppleHDA. In your IOReg, where HDAU should be, is a second HDEF. Remove the enabler (it's in S/L/E) and attach another copy of IOReg. By the way, your on board audio may disappear.

toleda said:
The problem is in the dsdt from the database. It is caused by IGD0 being attached to PEG0 rather than PCI0. When I compare it my dsdt that works properly, I can't see any differences. My conclusion is you can't get HDMI audio with your current dsdt. You have a couple of choices: 1. Extract the real dsdt from your system, 2. report the problem to MacMan and see if he can fix the problem or 3. remove the code causing the problem to see if the problem can be resolved.

okay thanks, obviously im very new to this, how do i extract the real dsdt? and what code do i need to remove for option 3?
also could this possibly be because of the p67 chipset? cause from what i have read mostly is that it isn't a very common choice for hackintosh.

thanks again for your help and time.

eilertsj said:
okay thanks, obviously im very new to this, how do i extract the real dsdt? and what code do i need to remove for option 3?
also could this possibly be because of the p67 chipset? cause from what i have read mostly is that it isn't a very common choice for hackintosh.

thanks again for your help and time.
Extract DSDT:
1. Copy DSDT to Desktop
2. Trash DSDT in Extra folder
3. Boot with rBoot
4. Run DSDTSE, select "extract DSDT", Save to folder
5. Run IOReg, Save a Copy As..., Save to Desktop
6. Copy DSDT from Desktop to Extra folder
7. Eject rBoot
8. Reboot

Edit tonymacx86 DSDT
1. Run DSDTSE and open DSDT on Desktop
2. Search IGD0
3. Delete Method (_L06...
{
.... 11 lines total
}
4. Search IGD0
5. Delete Device (IGD0)
{
}
Device (IGD1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020001)
}
....lines 1026 - 1410 (after above lines deleted)
}
6. Verify IGD0 is gone. Search IGD0
7. Compile/Install
8. Reboot
9. Run IOReg, Save a Copy As..., Save to Desktop

Reply with both IORegs from above.

toleda said:
Mxpxman264 said:

There is an audio enabler installed on your system (HDEF/Credits). The enabler interferes with AppleHDA. In your IOReg, where HDAU should be, is a second HDEF. Remove the enabler (it's in S/L/E) and attach another copy of IOReg. By the way, your on board audio may disappear.

ok exactly what enabler am I looking for? there are many kexts that are audio related. any idea what one I need to get rid of?

EDIT: ok, what i did was extract the original appleHDA next from the 10.7.2 dmg and what that did was take away my onboard audio but I now have HDAU in IOreg. but I do not yet have onboard audio... heres a copy of the IOreg.

Attachments

• withHDAU.zip
    458.6 KB · Views: 73
Mxpxman264 said:
EDIT: ok, what i did was extract the original appleHDA next from the 10.7.2 dmg and what that did was take away my onboard audio but I now have HDAU in IOreg. but I do not yet have onboard audio... heres a copy of the IOreg.
Is your graphics card a HD 5770? Your system looks ready for HDMI audio. Please post the link for the 888 AppleHDA you were using or attach it. The layout_id in the dsdt is wrong for the 888 as well (892?).

toleda said:
Mxpxman264 said:
Is your graphics card a HD 5770? Your system looks ready for HDMI audio. Please post the link for the 888 AppleHDA you were using or attach it. The layout_id in the dsdt is wrong for the 888 as well (892?).

here is the appleHDA.kext I have installed now

idk if its FOR the 888... its the one extracted directly from the lion.dmg file. I had another .kext installed in its place which gave me onboard audio but it did not show me HDAU

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
and when I install this one my display TV shows up in sound prefs but says its a display port.

Attachments

• AppleHDA888s.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Mxpxman264 said:
and when I install this one my display TV shows up in sound prefs but says its a display port.
Select the TV. Are you getting HDMI audio? Ignore the DisplayPort label, its HDMI.

Edit: The AppleHDA that gives you on board audio is from 10.6.7. HD 5770 HDMI audio was not supported with that release. Try to find a Lion version of AppleHDA for the 888s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back