Two words Thank You!!!
You are probably using the GFX0 Nvidia_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit edits:
change:
"model",
Buffer (0x10)
to
"model",
Buffer (0x0F)

You did a lot of extra work; the GT430 works perfectly with GE=Y.

Thanks I will give that a try. Yeah graphics enabler worked a treat but only sees 1GB of VRAM my card has 2GB thus the need for the extra DSDT tweaks.

EDIT: Worked a treat THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 10.07.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 10.07.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 10.07.16 PM.png
    68 KB · Views: 261
Hey toleda, thanks for a fantastic set of guides. After working through the HDMI and ALC892 audio guides I now have fully functioning HDMI audio and full on-board audio support. Works like a champ on my new HTMini.

thanks again,
nomad9

Hi Toleda,

When I change my smbios from a MacPro3,1 to a iMac12.2 I get sound assertion errors but HDMI audio still works. Are these anything to worry about?

Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549413669632, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
Sound assertion "0 == fResetAsserted" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4764 goto handler
Sound assertion ""Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4765 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != executeCodecCommand ( fCodecList[addr], command, &response )" failed in AppleHDAController at line 7898 goto handler

dm5253 said:
Hi Toleda,

When I change my smbios from a MacPro3,1 to a iMac12.2 I get sound assertion errors but HDMI audio still works. Are these anything to worry about?
No issue. Next version may eliminate these messages.

Hi,

I have been trying to get this working but nothing yet.
My rig is based on a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (F6) and a PNY 560 Ti. The OS is Lion 10.7.4.
As soon as I edit the AppleHDAControler binary the computer reboot to a black screen right after the apple logo. A copy of the IOReg is attached.
Can you please help me?

Attachments

• Colirio’s Mac Pro.zip
    452.1 KB · Views: 88
brunoserra said:
My rig is based on a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (F6) and a PNY 560 Ti. The OS is Lion 10.7.4.
As soon as I edit the AppleHDAControler binary the computer reboot to a black screen right
There is a conflict between 10.7.x and Nvidia HDMI audio resulting in a black screen and/or automatic reboot. As temporary solution, try the attached AppleHDA.kext. You do not need to edit the AppleHDA binary for onboard audio or the AppleHDAController for Nvidia HDMI audio. You only have to edit the AppleHDA binary for Nvidia HDMI audio:
HexEdit/AppleHDA binary
Find 0a 00 de 10
Replace 16 00 de 10 (4 times for GTX 560Ti)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Toleda, thanks for the prompt response.
I have done the following:

- dsdt edits as discussed in the topics;
- copied the provided kext;
- Opened appleHDA binary in the kext with Hexedit.

When I looked for 0a 00 de 10 it didn't find anything (hex search).
I installed the kext anyway, no HDMI audio.
Should I be looking for a different hexadecimal? I couldn't find the one you mentioned.

Thanks

brunoserra said:
T
When I looked for 0a 00 de 10 it didn't find anything (hex search).
I installed the kext anyway, no HDMI audio.
Should I be looking for a different hexadecimal? I couldn't find the one you mentioned.
My mistake:
HexEdit/AppleHDA binary
Find 14 00 de 10
Replace 16 00 de 10 (4 times for GTX 560Ti)

Toleda, thanks again.
I have made the changes you recommended and the HDMI device appeared in sound options.
However, the OS tells me that it doesn't have output controls, please find attached a screenshot and a copy of the IOReg.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-23 at 6.21.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-23 at 6.21.30 PM.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Colirio’s Mac Pro.zip
    428.7 KB · Views: 78
brunoserra said:
Toleda, thanks again.
I have made the changes you recommended and the HDMI device appeared in sound options.
However, the OS tells me that it doesn't have output controls, please find attached a screenshot and a copy of the IOReg.
Welcome to the world of OS X digital audio; works as designed. Use the volume control/remote for your receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back