Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Toleda

I have downloaded the HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit and inside of the folder I can see 2 files .txt

1 - ami_clean_compile.txt
2 - hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt

I know that both files are the fixes for apply. Question ... Need I apply both fixes or with the fix of hdmi audio is enough?

Greetings

I have downloaded the HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit and inside of the folder I can see 2 files .txt
The third file is the Read_me_first... If the native dsdt does not compile, apply ami_clean_compile.txt and compile.

If you're marking the name of the third file is because in somewhere on this file speaks of ami_clean_compile.txt

Toleda I am sorry, reading the Read_me_first ... I saw nothing associated about the ami_clean_compile.txt, maybe it happened as a result of my poor English and translation

I'll be more careful next time before asking

Anyway, thanks to you I have the HDMI audio working without problems

Greetings

Hello Toleda, and all the community
First I do apologize for my "not so good" english, but I'm better in french :)
Then I have to thank Toleda, Tonymac, and all the active developers that have made things so easy for me (and others...)since years !!
Respect is due !!!
Well, this is my first (or maybe second...) post on the forum, but not my first visit...

I actually have a problem to edit my dsdt (ga z68ma-d2h b3, uefi Bios / i5 2500k /8gb DDR3 1600 / GA 5770 batmobile / OS X 10.8.2).
I can't get rid of 4 errors after compilation. Fix errors fonction doesn't give me any better result, so I'm stucked at this point, unable to save my (buggy) DSDT. I can't found a manual solution to fix this issue, and even if it exists, I don't really feel able to succesfully achieve the DSDT challenge manualy (I've try many times before, but never had success... Hope this one is THE One ;-) )
My built is running perfectly smooth and functional with GE=No (HDMI shows in control panel, but no sound via HDMI + full QE/CI + no dvd issue but HD 5770 is "HD 5000" in about this Mac).
With GE=Yes, no multiscreen control, no HDMI in control panel but system report recognize my card as hd5770...
I don't think it's a normal (at least expected) behavior.

I think I'm not so far from the solution but I'm sure a little help will be welcome to succed in having a fully functional system. So I send you my DSDT unmodified from DSDTSE, plus the one that I'm actually using (I guess it's one of yours, from another post, same built), and my ioreg file (I hope it's valid...).
Thank you in advance for help, and for all the amazing work you (all of you) are doing.

Pro972

Attachments

• Pro972 DSDT.zip
    524.9 KB · Views: 109
I think I'm not so far from the solution but I'm sure a little help will be welcome to succed in having a fully functional system. So I send you my DSDT unmodified from DSDTSE, plus the one that I'm actually using (I guess it's one of yours, from another post, same built), and my ioreg file (I hope it's valid...).
Both dsdts compile with MaciASL (dsdt editor) MaciASL - Browse Files at SourceForge.net . Since HDMI audio is working, the dsdts are fine.
You do not have a framebuffer loading with GE=Y, for the 5770, the usual framebuffer is Vervet. See ATI/AMD 5xxx & 6xxx Graphics Cards Framebuffer Personalities. Once a framebuffer loads, see Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD, if a framebuffer edit for HDMI audio is required.

OK, thanks for your quick reply :)
I'm going to take my time to read (english... ) those guides but I feel like I'm understanding something now (Don't know what yet, but that's a sign !!).
For my DSDTs you mean I don't have to patch/compile the one in use, that part of the process is achieved ??!!

I'll keep you advised of the progression.
thank you again, you are a BOSS !!

Pro972

Aloha again,

I am now onto another hack. I have the Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G with the ALC662. I have a hacked 2.2.0 version of AppleHDA.kext along with an ALC662 Legacy kext and DSDT mod which has the standard speakers out working fine. I've done the part 2 HDAU DSDT mods and the part 3 AppleHDA/AppleHDAController kext hex edits but my HDTV is not recognized as an audio device.

In fact, if/when I install the HD hex-edited AppleHDA.kext, my boot time increases by at least a minute and when my logon screen comes up, I can not get a password cell to log in for about another minute or so. Plus, I see a few fresh errors in the log ...

Mar 14 11:44:35 kernel[0]: EDID CEA Extensions not valid for audio [no extended EDID]
Mar 14 11:44:56 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2094
Mar 14 11:44:56 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 214
Mar 14 11:44:56 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1050
Mar 14 11:45:05 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2102

That EDID error looks quite interesting.

I know that this whole deal is meant for the ALC8xx codec but still, I wonder if a DSDT edit might slip me past this extended EDID thing ?

Thanks in advance again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back