Radeon HD5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
My hardware: Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Intel C2D E6600, ATI HD5670 and 6 GB memory.
I've installed OSX Lion using Unibeast. It went great. Everything works fine (though i had to install specific kext files for onboard audio (ALC882) to work).
But OSX won't boot when i install Chimera bootloader and try to boot using it. I tried to install Chimera on a different partition than the OS partition, still the same. I can boot from Unibeast USB drive but no luck for Chimera. What can be the problem? Any idea?

Thanks!

I also have the same problem.

Asus P5W DH Mobo. Lion installs fine and starts up. However, when I use Multibeast to install Chimera, and I restart, I just get the dark grey screen with the message telling me to restart the computer.

Any progress on your end? I'm pretty new to all this...

Hi same problem here. Was yours a genuine copy?

Hey, thank you.
In fact I've decided to boot always from USB Unibeast drive. The only problem is:
I have too many HDDs and partitions. Unibeast boot screen (the screen you choose your HDDs or partitions) shows all of them. How can i disable some of them?

Raito said:
Hey, thank you.
In fact I've decided to boot always from USB Unibeast drive. The only problem is:
I have too many HDDs and partitions. Unibeast boot screen (the screen you choose your HDDs or partitions) shows all of them. How can i disable some of them?

I too could live with this solution, for now. Do you have onboard wifi and Ethernet working?

Also, what kind of video card do you have? I guess I'll try installing nvinject, other kexts and NOT chimera, until I have time to absorb the posted link...

I don't use wi-fi. Ethernet is working, i did nothing special. The only thing that didn't work was onboard audio. But I've found a proper kext, it's working now.
First i tried with my Radeon HD4350 graphic card. I couldn't get high resolution with that card. Than i bought a Radeon HD5670. It worked great as soon as Lion finished installing. I strongly recommend one of these cards:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/native-graphics-acceleration-for-radeon.html

Raito said:
Hey, thank you.

Does anybody has an answer for this?

Raito,
Can you point me to the kexts you used to get the ASUS P5W PH Deluxe onboard audio working?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back