Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
evga 2066
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 440
Hello,

I have been building hackintosh pc for a while now, but i have been having a great problem with this board. Asus P8z68-V pro/gen3, so install went great off of my usb thumb drive that i made (with Lion) what is my issus is that it won't boot on its own to Lion. after i run multi beast Lion ed.- i click on the easybeast and system ultilities and after its done install its succesfull and i reboot and this is what i get.

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Test
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Error

I have also went step by step off of the Unibeast turtual and still having that same error message.

Plz lmk if theres a guide for this board on how to boot on its own without the unibeast thumb drive that would be great.

Thanks

Hijacking!!! :lol:
Please post? :D
My bad - should've put more detail. I have a 500gb Seagate with the 4k sectors. Originally bought it for the CustoMac Mini. Didn't realize the sector issue at the time. Hoping to switch over to the 500gb and loose the 200gb I'm using right now.

Hello Yes its a new hard drive! also a seagate 1tb hard drive:) PLZ any info would be great to try out to see if i can get this to work.

THanks

Hi

I'm all new to this I gave it a try and terminal fed back this

"dd: opening 'boot1h' : No such file or directory"

I tried it a couple of times with the same result :(
any ideas

I'm running a Z68XP-D3, 8Gb Ram, Intel Core i3 2100 3.10GHz, ATI Radeon 5750 planning on getting 2 Sonnet Tempo E41 SATA Cards

@iLikeTech: I´m trying to install SL on a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3, with 4k HDD... Installs fine (though I haven´t yet been able to go through the update to 10.6.8 without KPs and updating usually screws up my install...) BUT does not boot. I figured its the same problem: the 4k disk. So I followed your steps, and now it boots right up to the white screen with the grey apple in the middle, and does not go any further. It just sort of hangs there, and there´s nothing I can do short of pushing the powerbutton (and it shuts down immediately)

With iBoot it does boot right into SL. So, what to do?

For now Im very happy it seems to be working, as its my first hackintosh, hehehe. Now I´ll just look into updating to 10.6.8.

@ iLT: Turns out that it DID actually work. The thing is, I forgot to set the customac as a Mac Mini, so it went KP because of graphics (onboard hd3000). Fixed this, the boot workaround worked, made a unibeast usb for Lion and did a clean Lion install, repeated the same procedure to make it bootable, and so far have booted 5 times without any problem. So thanks very much!

(Also, Ubuntu 11.10 looks pretty sweet! Might pop that one on my laptop to fiddle with...)

Ok, no prob, as my laptop is win7. Hackintosh is just for OSX :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back