Contribute
Register

Lion and Intel HD300 (i7 2600k built-in graphics)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ivy Bridge CustoMac Pro
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can anyone confirm whether or not Lion will support the built-in HD3000 graphics for the Intel i7-2600K? I am interested in utilizing this for Quick Sync conversion and I also have access to a PCI-e card for dual monitors, which I think is necessary from what I read.

rdhughestech said:
Can anyone confirm whether or not Lion will support the built-in HD3000 graphics for the Intel i7-2600K? I am interested in utilizing this for Quick Sync conversion and I also have access to a PCI-e card for dual monitors, which I think is necessary from what I read.
Support is unknown and will not be known until Lion is released next month as there is no mention on Apple's web site description of Lion's features.

I'm pretty sure the iMacs will have mobile ATI/AMD graphics, but the HD3000 is a good bet for the macbooks, so it will be supported sooner or later

Has anyone been able to do a succesfull build WITHOUT a grafix card?
I keep getting Kernal panics after i install snow leopard, run the updates, and run multiBeast (with the proper DSDT)

tried everything i can think off... the only thing i can come up with is that its because i dont have a grafics card and am trying to use the HD300 graphics...

i7-2600k
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
NO GRAFICS CARD
750GB hard drive 7200RPM
4GB RAM 1600mgz

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement (90.0.0)@0xffffff7f8065a000->0xffffff7f8061fff
if what i get when it crashes.. can anyone point me in the right direction? has anyone made their build work without having to be a grafix card?
Thanks!

You do realize this thread is from June 2011 right?
Tons of people have been using Intel HD 3000 for a loooong time now.
The kernel panic you get is not related to the graphics. Try installing nullcpupowermanagment kext from Multibeast to fix the kernel panic.

Please do research next time before asking a question like this that has been answered 100,000 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back